Habitat Changeing

Got a question about APE that isn't answered in the tutorials? Ask it here! APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
meowmix4194
zoo guest

Post by meowmix4194 »

I have ZooTycoonABC's APExp, which includes ZT, DD, and MM into one program, and a category for habitat changing is included. Zoo admin says to slide the slider to +3 for the desired and 0 or - for not. Apperently not true. Can anyone please give me advice, or the basic steps for the other way?
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to the Lounge.

APE does a lot of inefficiencies in ".ucs" and ".uca" files. So I never use APE for such settings. Instead, I manually edit those files using text editors such as NotePad. For ".uca" and animal files, there are lots of things to consider. For them, I follow the Uca Editing Guide here:
viewtopic.php?t=116
There is no similar guide for ".ucs" files, although there are notes mentioning some of the things for them. But the habitat setting is common to both ".uca" and ".ucs" files. So the cHabitat paragraph in the Uca Editing Guide would apply to both.
meowmix4194
zoo guest

Post by meowmix4194 »

Thank you for the link, Jay, but it does not yet solve my problem. I did some research of my own and got as far as extracting the files and changing them as desired. Just for the future, the process extracting them was what confused the heck out of me, and the above link did not explain that well.

What i need to know now is how to re-pack the files. That link doesnt give an easy explanation on how to do that. And if it is as simple as re-archiving them as .ztd, what program should I use to do that? I use winrar and that does it successfully, but ZT or APE wont read/open it. ???
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Winrar gives the opportunity to save as a zip or a rar file and I alsways choose the zip option when creating ztd files. Once saved as a zip rename the file from .zip to .ztd
meowmix4194
zoo guest

Post by meowmix4194 »

Yehawww! It worked! :D :D :D

Thanks Jay! You're brilliant! :clap: :clap: :clap:
meowmix4194
zoo guest

Post by meowmix4194 »

And of course fern :clap: :clap: :clap: