Shelter Help!

Got a question about APE that isn't answered in the tutorials? Ask it here! APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
Marinebio93
zoo guest

Post by Marinebio93 »

How do you make a Shelter?
God Bless!

MarineBio93

"In the Beginning God created the Heavens And the
Earth": Gensis verse one
[img]http://zoxaeus.com/ZTForums/uploads/pos ... 753114.jpg[/img]
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to the Lounge.

You have to be good at using graphics programs to make anything for Zoo Tycoon. There is no magical program that makes things. But if you are good at using graphics programs, you would use one to create 4 views of whatever you are trying to make. Once you have those 4 views, you save them as ".png" or ".bmp" files. Then you use the APE program to convert those files into the format that Zoo Tycoon understands. This is done no matter what you try to make.

A shelter or other building has additional steps. They have to be configured. They will also need a ".dll" file. Since these steps are tricky (to get around a variety of problems) and are usually different for each building, it is best to get someone with experience to do these steps. There are several people that are willing to do these steps, including me. But you have to do the things in the previous paragraph first.

Also, it appears something is wrong with your email address. Whenever I (or someone else) tries to send you a PM, we get an error message. You can try to go to "My Controls" to check and correct your email. If you do not see anything wrong with it, you probably should email (not PM) an admin asking them to check it.
Zoomaster
zoo guest

Post by Zoomaster »

hi They should make Ape 2 A cd, It should be for ZT And ZT2