Creating Tank Only Items

Got a question about APE that isn't answered in the tutorials? Ask it here! APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
Zirconia Wolf
zoo guest

Post by Zirconia Wolf »

If someone wanted to make an object (scenary item) that could ONLY be place in a TANK (not "regular" water"), what is the proper coding?? Thanks a bunch!

-ZW
<b><i>"I reject your reallity, and substitute my own!"</i></b>-<i>Adam Savage</i> from the <i>Mythbusters</i> TV show
<b>**Long Live the Wolves and <i>ALL</i> Wild Canines!**</b>
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Although I could not say for sure, the Atlantean ruins are configured with these lines in the [Characteristics/Integers] section of the ".ai" file. So I would assume this is what would go in the ".ucs" file.

cSwims = 1
cOnlySwims = 0
cUnderwater = 1
cLand = 0
cDeadOnFlatWater = 1
cDeadOnLand = 1

However, I personally like to allow things on land as well. That gives Zoo Tycooners a choice of how they want to use it. Also, it allows people with only the orginal Zoo Tycoon (or Dino Digs) to use it as well.
jbl
zoo member

Post by jbl »

I think this will do it:

cSwims = 1 (if you want it to be placable on non-tankwater, else change the 1 to 0)
cUnderwater = 1
cLand = 0

the other lines are just for graphics.
Read more about the new expansion pack for <b>Zoo Tycoon 1</b> at the ZT-Plus! forum
Zirconia Wolf
zoo guest

Post by Zirconia Wolf »

Wow! Talk about quick service!!

Thankyou both for the prompt (and very helpfull) replies!! I tried to dope it out on my own without any luck. Although I did learn that cOnlyUnderwater didn't do squat!

By the way I agree that giving people more design options is usually the way to go, but it this case I'm trying to "custumise" the Marine Food that came with the Zoo Admin Developer Items Pack. It's driving me NUTS that if I'm not dead-on acurate in trying to "hit" the tank I end up with Chum/Fish or Seagrasses sorta floating in the air.

Hey, I'm into weird, but not THAT weird!

Thanks a bunch (again! )

-ZW
<b><i>"I reject your reallity, and substitute my own!"</i></b>-<i>Adam Savage</i> from the <i>Mythbusters</i> TV show
<b>**Long Live the Wolves and <i>ALL</i> Wild Canines!**</b>