How To Make Buildings?!

Got a question about APE that isn't answered in the tutorials? Ask it here! APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
Vilaki
zoo guest

Post by Vilaki »

I've got a problem: I still have visited Marc Bells Page, but the links aren't viewable for me, because I haven't got Java. Can anybody give me the link to the site to the tutorials or to an other site with building tutorials??!
Or could anyone explain it to me a little bit??!

Thanks for reading,
Love Vilaki
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

The is some basic info here at ZKL and other sites. Also from what I gather a lot of the stuff at Mark bells site was written early after the game was made and is not as accurate as it could be.
Have you made anything for the game yet?
To make a building you first need to master making scenery in Ape which is available at several sites. Once you know how to make really good designs that work ingame without crashing it or causing problems I would ask one of the various sites if they will help you learn more.
I would also see if there is someone round willing to test your items and advise you on getting the scenery right.
Zkl does test anything user made before it is put up in the download area.
Buildings are very complex and not many people master making them.
Vilaki
zoo guest

Post by Vilaki »

I have make a few statues for the game with ape. I just want to have the link to the Mark Bells Tutorial page on his site, because my Java does not work and the links aren't shown.

Thanks for posting!
Love Vilaki
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

This is the only link I have for Marks page and half his site no longer works for me. So I hope you have better luck.
Marks Mecca
http://www.marksmecca.com/
Vilaki
zoo guest

Post by Vilaki »

I know this link. But his menue does not work so i can not visit the sites on his page. However, thanks for posting.

Do you know an other page with tutorials for buildings and APE??!
Love Vilaki
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Most main sites have a section with some information in. There is some here at ZKL.
You could also try Zoo Admin in the Forum and the Articles sections.
ZooTek also has some info.
I don't think there is a tutorial about programming buildings as I know from experience it is complicated and has so many rules that change for each building depending on the type you are making.
Vilaki
zoo guest

Post by Vilaki »

Thanks fern! You have helped me a lot! I'll watch out for Tutorials on the sites you mentioned.