Ask The Experts

Read up on how to manipulate APE and basics of how to use APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
Katha25
zoo guest

Post by Katha25 »

Who i can make tha the Male and the Female have two seperate icons.
Animal what i will Change: Flamingo
I will give the Female other color than the Male, but
in the Game look my Female the same as the Male. :boohoo:

What must i change in the uca. File ?"
And wher i can change the tree in the uca. File ?"
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

It is much work to have different icons for the male and female.

Inside the ".uca", there is a section similar to this:
[m/Icon]
Icon = animals/12345678/icflamin/icflamin

That is the icon that is shown in the animal purchase menu. It will be used for both the male and the female. If you want the female to have a different icon than the male, then you would leave that section in there, but also add the following section:
[f/Icon]
Icon = animals/12345678/icfflami/icfflami

Instead of 12345678, you would use whatever APE ID was created for your animal. In addition to having an "icflamin" folder in your ".ztd", you would also have to add an "icfflami" folder. You would have to copy icflamin/icflamin.ani to icfflami/icfflami.ani. You would have to change "dir2 =icflamin" to "dir2=icfflami" inside icfflami.ani. You would have to add a female icon to the icfflami folder. I use the Zoot program to add icons.

You would also need to add an icon for the animal list. Inside the ".uca", there is a section similar to this:
[m/Characteristics/Strings]
cListImageName = animals/12345678/lsmflami/lsmflami
cPrefIcon = objects/wtrreed/SE/SE

To have the female show a different icon in the animal list, then you would leave that section in there, but also add the following 3 lines:
[f/Characteristics/Strings]
cListImageName = animals/12345678/lsfflami/lsfflami
cPrefIcon = objects/wtrreed/SE/SE

Again, use your APE ID instead of 12345678. The cPrefIcon line should be the same as is in the [m/Characteristics/Strings] section. In addition to having an "lsmflami" folder in your ".ztd", you would also have to add an "lsfflami" folder. You would have to copy lsmflami/lsmflami.ani to lsfflami/lsfflami.ani. You would have to change "dir2 =lsmflami" to "dir2=lsfflami" inside lsfflami.ani. You would have to add a female icon to the lsfflami folder. I also use the Zoot program to add these icons.

I assume that you have female animations in a ".../f/" folder. In order for those animations to be used, the [AnimPath] section of the ".uca" should contain "f = animals/12345678/f" instead of "f = animals/12345678/m".

It is also a lot of work to make the animal prefer a different tree. You would have to change the cPrefIcon lines and cPrefIconID lines in the ".uca". There should be 3 cPrefIconID lines. Also, whatever ID is used in cPrefIconID should also be in the [cSuitableObjects] section. For example, using the water reed:
v = 7062
v = 10

Zoo Admin has a list showing the file names and IDs for the various in-game foliage. But you have to be a member to see the list. It is not in Zoo Admin's forums. You would have to click ARTICLES in the top menu at Zoo Admin once you are logged in.