Buildings And Ape

Read up on how to manipulate APE and basics of how to use APE - the Animal Project Editor - designed for the original version of Zoo Tycoon.
Sundance300
zoo tour guide

Post by Sundance300 »

Hi, everybody!

I'm new to ZT, but catching on fast. I downloaded all sorts of wonderful user-created items, and have so far had no trouble with them. (Thanks so much for having the great reference on the Forum, so I can find good items that work well!)

However, I've had a couple minor bugs pop up, and you seemed like just the group to help me!

I've got a few items which seem to work fine in the game, but which have no text associated with them (the Information Booth, the Popcorn Stand, the Telephone). I also can't import these into A.P.E. to ADD text -- when I do, A.P.E. seems to look for it, but never offers it up in the left-hand panel. I've been able to import and edit other files just fine.

Also, the Information Booth and a couple others came with patch .exe files. The other patches ran just fine, but the Information Booth patch tells me "Couldn't open: lang100.dll" Does this have something to do with the lack of text?

You need to patch the lang100.dll to get the text to come up. Sometimes it doesn't work other times it does.
-Zooey
You can't open up buildings in APE without first changing some files around.The patch is what adds the text for the buildings, but if you just have ZT, the reason you can't patch the lang100.dll is because you don't have one...ZT only has a lang0.dll file...the lang100.dll comes with DD and the lang200.dll with MM...you must have downloaded an object that is for DD, look and see if there is a ZT version.
-Mak0127