My Thoughts On Es

(ZT2) Learn and share tricks of running and building a successful zoo for Zoo Tycoon 2.
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

Ok people....just thought I would post my thoughts on the new expansion.

Got the game last night and messed around with it for a couple hours. I wish I had more time to play with it but there's this pesky thing called work that I had to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for this morning. :evil:

Love the new skytrams! They are so cool and I cannot wait until I have a full fledged zoo built so I can ride around in my own trams looking at the exhibits. I haven't done much with the Jeep vehicles yet but those look pretty awesome, too. Both seem pretty easy to set up.

Then there's the animals. Simply amazing! I haven't gotten to use all of them yet, but the ones that I have are very well done. There's also a few new objects that are cool and there's new lighting effects. There are nine new scenarios and you unlock certain items after completing them (not 9 new items, only three).

Some really cool new animal enrichment stuff, like a salt lick and a tree swing, and some other stuff. Also a couple new food items. All the food is in 3D now, too.

Now for the downsides....I'm disappointed there are no new bigger maps. I want to build a zoo where I can have ALL the animals and I don't know if it's possible given the size of the maps we have right now. I'm going to try, though. Not sure I like the new "night" cycle. It's very dark (maybe it's a sign I need glasses??).

Given the fact I've only played for a little bit I haven't formed an overall opinion yet but so far it seems very well done. The animals are great and that's all that really mattered to me, that they focus on those rather than other stuff, and that's what they've done. :D
vampire
zoo member

Post by vampire »

where do you live? canada, america, i wanna know so i can know if it is out where i live. please tell me. i really cant wait to get it!
My personal favourite quote, one that I wrote myself. "With work comes happiness, and with happiness comes work."
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

I'm in the United States.

Played it more this weekend. Seems that animals will no longer breed with their parents or siblings. Not sure how I feel about this, since it now will pop up with a message "American Bison would like to reproduce but cannot find a mate." :roll: One good thing is that it appears they have fixed the problems with zookeepers not being able to clean up small poo (or I should say the poo of any animal that lays an egg) so I am happy to use the birds and crocs again. There are still some errors, like animals getting outside the zoo wall and stuff. Kind of disappointed those weren't fixed, but the new content makes up for that.

I like the new eye tool. That's pretty neat because then you know what your guests can see. I also like the new way the awards work. There's lots of neat stuff to do and unlock. I've mostly just been playing in the freeform mode but there are new scenarios and challenges to complete.

For some reason the animals seem to get really thirsty when there are more than enough water sources in the exhibits....not sure if this is a new bug or if it's just something I'm doing wrong. Time will tell as more people get the game and post their experiences.

At any rate, I love this new expansion and highly recommend it to everyone!
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Post by jwa1107 »

Zt2 is a family friendly game.
And inbreeding is not family friendly, Sheila.

well, actually... :?
[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

:lol: That's true, jwa. Good point!
Golden_Okapi
zoo tour guide

Post by Golden_Okapi »

That's...nice.Lol :lol:

Anyways,I just bought the game and I like it,but I feel like it's tonly the game with some thingd.They should have made more objects,event If they weren't endangered species themed.
Like I don't have a signature..Hmmm.....I think what Im posting now counts as one!
Zoo tycoon and neopets addict.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/ ... ie_fly.gif[/img]© 2004 Neopets, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

There are lots of new objects you can try to unlock. I think if you play two challenges you get the endangered species theme pack unlocked. And if you complete the scenarios, you get three new objects. Also, (and I haven't done this yet), if you play in freeform and attain certain awards you get various types of stuff. There are a couple statues and some other things, like decorative walls, etc. I also heard there was an Egyptian theme, but I don't know if this is true or not yet.

At any rate, I think there is lots to do but I understand where you're coming from when you say you wish there were more objects. One thing I was hoping for is some themed restaurants rather than the three we're stuck with. Oh well....
vampire
zoo member

Post by vampire »

i went to futur shop and saw it in the store. i instantly went up to my gramma(we were shopping together) and said i have to have it!
she told me she would get it for me, but i couldnt have it till christmas...boohoo... i want it now! now i say! i keep hearing all this great stuff, and it just makes me want it more and more :santa:

i just had my birthday party and my gramma gave it to me then instead of christmas. it is so great. i just love it so much
My personal favourite quote, one that I wrote myself. "With work comes happiness, and with happiness comes work."
Jeox
zoo guest

Post by Jeox »

The water thing happens to me and I don't even have the expansion.. :?