Exhibit Size?

(ZT2) Learn and share tricks of running and building a successful zoo for Zoo Tycoon 2.
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

How big do you usually make your exhibits? I make mine 12x12 with rounded corners. I'm trying to figure out the best way to lay out a grid zoo. I've got it up to 26-28 exhibit spaces on the large map, but I want to know how much smaller would work.
Deep fried lemur, anyone?
lilgamefreek
zoo guest

Post by lilgamefreek »

I like making exhibits that are about 120*50! I find making one exhibit zoos just really fun. It's just easier to layout and the huge exhibit space really helps when trying to beautify them. :))
hanes
zoo guest

Post by hanes »

Each animal is different. For example, a black rhino is as follows: 1 animal needs 78 squares of space, 2 needs 97, 3 needs 117 and 4 animals need a combined total of 136. A dromadary camel would be: 1=68, 2=78, 3=87, 4=97. Thomson's gazelle: 1=37, 2=43, 3=48, 4=55.
vampire
zoo member

Post by vampire »

i really like making reserves. i make the whole zoo one exhibit. i have a path going all through, but only connecting to the entrance, so the whole thing is one exhibit only. i pick a biome, and theme the whole thing for it. example -jungle: jungle paths, jungle fence, jungle buildins and objects. make the exhibit jungle(the paths are above the exhibit) fill it in with food, toys, shelters. i put in the carnivores first so i can make sure they have enough food so they dont kill herbis before i put food in, then put the herbis in and there food. then, depending on the animals and decorations of the zzo, i price it an open the zoo. usually goes well, but it takes FOREVER to load it then. I usually get bored og it though aftera few days. it takes about 3 days or sob to build it, depending on how long your on. i'm usually on for about 3-4 hours. i hope you like this and maybe try it
My personal favourite quote, one that I wrote myself. "With work comes happiness, and with happiness comes work."