New Downloads!

(ZT2) Learn and share tricks of running and building a successful zoo for Zoo Tycoon 2.
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

New Downloads!

Post by Quicksilver »

Looks like we've got ourselves a Musk Ox and a tundra theme pack! :clap:
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

The musk ox is fun, but I wish they had a filter so that you could exclude downloaded objects in the building menu. What if we don't WANT to have tundra bathrooms?
Deep fried lemur, anyone?
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Post by jwa1107 »

need pictures!!
[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

Challenge pack 1 has been released! Here's the info from Microsoft:
Challenge Pack 1
Challenge Pack 1 adds ten all-new challenges to Zoo Tycoon 2's challenge, increasing the number of challenges by one third! Just download the challenge pack and you'll begin to see these new challenges appear whenever you play challenge mode games.

Here's a list of the new challenges and what conditions have to be met to have a chance of getting them.

New Photo Challenges

Web Site: Take photos of 1) any animal eating, 2) any animal sleeping and 3) any animal walking around. Prerequisites: None
Aviary Monthly: Take a photo of a peafowl taking a dust bath. Prerequisites: Have a peafowl in your zoo.
Species Diversity: Take photos of 1) a penguin doing its preening walk, 2) an okapi play chasing another okapi and 3) a Nile crocodile blowing bubbles in the water. Prerequisites: Have two or more stars of zoo fame and have one or more of the following animals in your zoo: Emperor Penguin, Okapi, Nile crocodile.
Rainforest Coalition: Take photos of 1) a chimpanzee eating fruit in a banana tree, 2) a jaguar cub pouncing and 3) a tiger resting on a tropical rainforest rock. Prerequisites: Have at least three and a half stars of zoo fame and a jaguar cub in your zoo.
The Children's Reader: Take photos of 1) a giant panda marking scent on a tree, 2) a red panda resting in a birch tree and 3) two beavers nuzzling. Prerequisite is a 5 star zoo.
New Game Challenges

Animal Hygiene Association: Keep all the animals in your zoo from having a pressing or critical hygiene need for one month. This one gets tougher the bigger your zoo is! Prerequisites: Have at least one animal in your zoo, and have no animals that currently have a pressing or critical hygiene need.
The Axel Foundation: Raise a specified number of donations in the next month, and receive an equal amount as a matching grant. Prerequisites: Have either less than two stars of zoo fame or less than $8000 in donation in the previous month.
Feline Fan: Obtain at least one new species from the family Felidae for your zoo. Prerequisites: Have at least one species of Felidae in your zoo, and at least one species of Felidae you do not have.
Travel World: Run your zoo for two months without more than a total of five different guests hitting a critical amusement need. Prerequisites: Have more than ten guests in your zoo and less than 110. Also have no more than two guests currently in your zoo with a critical amusement need.
Wild Animal Coalition: Release two pandas into the wild and still have a five star zoo after the two-month challenge ends. Prerequisites: Have a five star zoo.
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

Thanks for updating this for me, fossaman! Looks like we'll have some stuff to keep us busy for a while. :D

I'm going to pin this topic.
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

There is a new Spring Scenery Pack available for download from Microsoft! :D

I will download tonight if I have time and post some pics.

Thanks, Microsoft! :clap:
Rampage2000
zoo guest

Post by Rampage2000 »

Why can't you select the theme to filter the items like only jungle theme but only tundra theme or spring theme? Why didn't they give use that option with teh downloads?
My little avatar buddy is locked and loaded to go on RAMPAGE
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

There definitely needs to be a filter for the tundra pack. Hint, hint, Microsoft! ;)
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

Just looked on Microsoft's website: There's now an Asian Elephant download! Good stuff, huh?
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

Thanks for the update, fossaman. I was just coming here to post about it but you beat me to it. :D I think it's so cute and one of the best animals in the game.
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

What I want to know is, when are they going to add fossas? They can eat the ring-tailed lemurs! :D Those little things breed too dang fast...
Quicksilver
ostrich keeper

Post by Quicksilver »

:lol: :lol: I hear you about the breeding. They are the warthogs of ZT2!!!

Fossas would be really neat. They are mostly nocturnal, though, right? It would be cool if they could do an expansion for nocturnal animals where they became active in the "night" cycle of ZT and slept during the "day" cycle. Wishful thinking, eh?
fossaman
zoo guest

Post by fossaman »

Probably not, actually. I suspect it wouldn't be that difficult to program. It would add a lot of variety to the game. It would also add more educational value...
rednotdead
zoo guest

Post by rednotdead »

theres now another new download - the Beautificatin Pack which includes 4 new shaped flowerbeds and 11 fences including themed biome fences.
<span style='color:blue'>We are all part of the Tapestry of Life. Weave your threads with the colours of love compassion and peace my friends.

The Earth does not belong to Us. We belong to the Earth</span>
Golden_Okapi
zoo tour guide

Post by Golden_Okapi »

And the asian elephant! :clap:
Like I don't have a signature..Hmmm.....I think what Im posting now counts as one!
Zoo tycoon and neopets addict.
[img]http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b368/ ... ie_fly.gif[/img]© 2004 Neopets, Inc. All Rights Reserved