Mm Shows

(ZT) Learn and share tricks of running and building a successful zoo for the original version of Zoo Tycoon and its expansion packs.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Mm Shows

Post by Jay »

Niebi posted Aug 21 2003, 05:25 AM

Copied from the allmighty Searain:

ok! now you are going to make a show!
i highly, highly reccommend, and PLEAD you to do the tutorial for the shows in MM.
with animals that do shows, here are some tips:
1) put your shows closer to the back of the zoo.
2) a jellyfish, can do shows, but its very boring; (swim up... swim down..) and the guests don't like it. if you do more then 3 tricks with a jellyfish, the jelly's get very mad.
3) a Great White shark show, be careful with this one. don't do too many tricks either. (they come with 2) anything more then 3, will cause great animal unhappiness, and guests will hate it. same with setting the show to *continuous*
4) your show tank should only be as long, as to fit the *advanced trick area toy* and as wide, to fit half of an *advanced trick area toy* maitenece on the show tanks are VERY VERY costly and you won't make any money off of it!
5) as mentioned above, setting the show to *continuous* will cause animal discomfort. they need time to eat, and be fishy! they need to frolic in their own exhibit for a while.
6) place restaurants (2 or 3!!) at the entrance AND the exit of the shows. your guests get super hungry /thirsty/tired fast while watching the shows, and will FLOOD the restaurants when they show is done.
7) only place about 2 or 3 (at the most) grandstands on one side or the show tank, then perhaps 2 or 3 more on the other side of the tnak. why? too many grandstands = too many guests = TOO MANY TIRED/HUNGRY/TICKED OFF GUESTS!
the worst thing you could do, is place two different show tanks side by side. the guests will go from one show to the other... and that would add on to them already being hungry/tired /etc
happy gaming!
thx to kenn for tip 1 and 3

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

yeah yeah yeah i know there is a spelling mistake on the 3rd pic.. but i hope this helps y'all