Breeding

(ZT) Learn and share tricks of running and building a successful zoo for the original version of Zoo Tycoon and its expansion packs.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Niebi posted Aug 20 2003, 04:31 PM

If you can't get certain animals to breed for the scenario, try some of these tips !

1.make the exhibit larger than you normally do

2.try putting a fence round the exhibit trough which the guests can't see the animals (or the animals the guests)

3.block the exhibits door with a large rock, or water etc. (just no decorative fence, this won't work) and put the keeper (ot scientist) in the exhibit. If you researched the staff-upgrade, the animals will get happier if the keeper is in the exhibit. With this trick, its really easy to make even the T-Rex mate very quickly !
Pandaswelcomehere
zoo guest

Post by Pandaswelcomehere »

Hi,

I was just wondering if you have any tips for me. I visited wilco's site and he says that for animals like lions who breed so quickly that in the end I have on my screen every minute " Congragulations lion 50 just gave birth" AGAIN, that you should seperate them, but whenever I try that the lions say they want mate!

Now I haven't had lions in my zoo for months. And they were one of my best animals.

Going just slightly insane,
Panda
*David Suzuki for Greatest Canadian*
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Different people will have different techniques for what to do with "too many" of an animal. I prefer to keep exhibit sizes small so that I can have more exhibits and attractions in a zoo. So I keep the minimum number of adult animals in an exhibit. For the lion, the minimum is 2 adults. As offspring become adults, I sell the oldest adults. If that leaves me with 2 of the same sex, I sell 1 of them and purchase 1 of the opposite sex.
vampire
zoo member

Post by vampire »

i just started a new zoo. first i put in 1 male and 1 female lion. they bred so quickly, and i didnt want to sell all of them. so i got rid of all the males, and left 4 females, and theyve been perfectly fine for 3 real time3 days. :))
My personal favourite quote, one that I wrote myself. "With work comes happiness, and with happiness comes work."
Pandaswelcomehere
zoo guest

Post by Pandaswelcomehere »

Another problem. This is a scenario that's driving me nuts I've trid it more times then I can count. I usually, no, never have any trouble with black leopards. But for some reson these two just hate eachother or something. I've tride making the exhibit with fences that do not allow guests to see through, makeing the exhibit at least three times bigger then your supposed to, trapping the zoo keeper in with them after I reaserched the zoo keeper training that makes animals happier when thier in there, reaserching animal fertility, makeing sure I get them early on in the game so they have lots of time together, and a few other things I've probably forgotten. Help, I'm to the piont of crying :boohoo: , well, almost.
*David Suzuki for Greatest Canadian*
Capt.Rutlinger
dromedary keeper

Post by Capt.Rutlinger »

first of all: do you have the cat climbing tree in the exhibit?
secondly: do you add foliage, rocks... in the exhibiit before you place the animals in it?

A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
Edward Teller (1908 - 2003)
vampire
zoo member

Post by vampire »

what scen is it? if it already comes with the leopards, put concrete fence, put concrete fence around toy shelter and food. even if it says it has enogh of everything, keep putting it in until it gets a mad face.

if you buy them, make a few exhibits. get just one and put it in one exhibit and make perfect, and so on. then buy one couple for each exhibit and you are more likely to have babies. also put the couples exhibit not next to each other. put the exhibits maybe at least 5 fence posts away from each other. if these tips don't work, i dont know what will. these always work for me.
vampire ;)
My personal favourite quote, one that I wrote myself. "With work comes happiness, and with happiness comes work."