Gandalf, The Siberian Tiger

Here you can talk about real zoos and animal topics unrelated to the game.
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Gandalf, The Siberian Tiger

Post by jwa1107 »

adopted on behalf of the Lounge and all its members, Gandalf the Siberian Tiger lives at Tiger Haven, a sanctuary and rescue facility for big cats, much like an animal shelter for dogs and house cats. Tiger Haven is in Kingston, Tennessee. The cats who come there for sanctuary are given a permanent home. They are not sold, transferred or given away. They are not used for breeders, and they don't work for a living. The cats there enjoy the good life, and they deserve it.

we voted for several weeks to determine what kind of animal we would adopt, then what species we would focus on, and finally we selected Gandalf from a group of tigers at the sanctuary.

so Gandalf has become our unofficial mascot, mirroring the mascot we have always used in the ZKL logos.

for more pictures and a summary of Gandalf's life story, you can read it
HERE

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader from here if you do not already have it loaded on your computer.</span>

and we will keep you up to date on any developments with Gandalf! :D

[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
ScottBommarito
zoo tour guide

Post by ScottBommarito »

Tiger Haven wrote: It was a sight to see big ol' Gandalf jumping, rolling, and running in the water just to make big splashes.
Awesome! I'm sure none of us will be seeing a Siberian Tiger splashing aroung in our zoos!
[img]http://www.lunamanar.com/signatures/scott/scott01.jpg[/img] Like the manetee? Luna made it for me.
Did this place die?
Meltos
zoo member

Post by Meltos »

Wow, thats really nice. I would love to adopt/sponser a bengal or Sberian Tigr. Well any big cat really. I missed "BigCatWeek" on BBC2 thsi week, but i seen it be4, its just repeats from last year.....

Meltos x