Hello!

First time here? Introduce yourself! Also if you are leaving on or returning from a vacation you may post a notice here if you wish.
Bswiley1
zoo guest

Post by Bswiley1 »

Thanks to Jay, I can now introduce myself. Not much to tell really. I am an disabled "young" Gramma from upstate NY. And I am addicted to Zoo Tycoon1. I really enjoy searching other sites to find things to download into my game. There are so many talented people making things for us. I have some awsome downloads! I am so looking forward to Zoo Admin. to be back up and running. Anyway just wanted to say Hello. (Thanks Jay, for fixing the problem). :clap:
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Post by jwa1107 »

greetz! :)
[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to the Lounge. Like you, I am also addicted to Zoo Tycoon 1 and enjoy the downloads from so many talented individuals. I am glad we could get you set up here. Enjoy your stay and have fun. :))
ztdoctor
zoo docent

Post by ztdoctor »

Hi there! Good to meet you here. :clap: I hope that you enjoy the brilliant help that this place has always been. :D
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Nice to see you here too :)
Troyminator
dino recovery team!

Post by Troyminator »

Welcome to the Lounge.
Hope you have a fantastic time playing ZT and browsing through some of our amazing downloads :D
<span style='color:red'>Beware of the kipper!</span>

[img]http://www.lunamanar.com/signatures/troy/troysig.jpg[/img]
AK Zoo
zoo guest

Post by AK Zoo »

;) I am now here as well
lucast123
zoo guest

Post by lucast123 »

I've been lurking for some time and finally decided to sign up. I just wanted to say howdy to all on the board. Lots of good reading here. I hope I can give a little back. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I'm still a little new to this.
Bswiley1
zoo guest

Re: I'm Back!

Post by Bswiley1 »

Bswiley1 wrote:Thanks to Jay, I can now introduce myself. Not much to tell really. I am an disabled "young" Gramma from upstate NY. And I am addicted to Zoo Tycoon1. I really enjoy searching other sites to find things to download into my game. There are so many talented people making things for us. I have some awsome downloads! I am so looking forward to Zoo Admin. to be back up and running. Anyway just wanted to say Hello. (Thanks Jay, for fixing the problem). :clap:
Hi Jay!!....It has been way to long!!! I forgot how much I enjoyed these sites and downloading all the good stuff. My old computer that had all my favorites on finally gave out. My hubby bought me a new one a few months ago. But it has Windows 10 and I am having a problem figuring out how to download and put things in the game. I hate new things, Arrg. But I have a lot of time on my hands. I am fighting breast and liver cancer and I really need something to take my mind off how I'm feeling. Trouble is I am computer stupid so I need a blow by blow on how to do it. Can you or one of the other great people on this site help me? I sure would be happy. Well, you have a great night and Thanks for reading my post. :D
Jay
african elephant keeper

Re: Hello!

Post by Jay »

Welcome back, Bswiley1.

I do not currently have access to Windows 10. So unfortunately I cannot give you detailed steps concerning that. I know you posted at Zoo Tek Phoenix. They have more active members than here. So hopefully someone there can give detailed steps for Windows 10. I can give general comments for Windows 7. If you have Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, installing it should be the same as was done on older computers. But newer computers are 64-bit computers. So it might be installed into a slightly different place. For Windows 7 on 64-bit computers, Zoo Tycoon installs into "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Zoo Tycoon". That is different than "Program Files" or "Programs". If you install Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection, that Zoo Tycoon folder will have a dlupdate folder. You would put ".ztd" files you download into that dlupdate folder. If you have a different version of Zoo Tycoon, you would put ".ztd" files in Zoo Tycoon's Updates folder instead. You would put ".dll" files you download into the Zoo Tycoon main folder. Most things you download will be in ".zip" files. You would have to extract any ".ztd" or ".dll" files from the ".zip" files. But do not use any user made ".dll" files that are larger than 1 MB, since those can cause problems with newer Zoo Tycoon versions. Some ".zip" files include ".exe" files. Do not run those ".exe" files, since they might update Zoo Tycoon files in a way that can cause problems. Currently, the 4 main sites for Zoo Tycoon downloads are here at Zookeeper's Lounge, Zoo Tycoon Designer Guild, Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory, and Zoo Tek Phoenix. When downloading from here, there will be a "Download the ... here" link that you would click. In Windows 7, the default location for downloaded files is C:\Users\...\Downloads, where "..." is the user name on one's computer.

I hope that is enough information to help you. Good luck with everything.
Bswiley1
zoo guest

Post by Bswiley1 »

Thank you Jay. I'll check it out.
hlmunday
zoo tour guide

Post by hlmunday »

Hi,
Just another crazy Zoo Tycoon person. I work at a vet, have way too many dogs (according to the normals) and I collect elephants. Like bswiley1, I am computer stupid, and my family is amazed that I figured out how to use these downloads. Actually, so am I.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Although we have already communicated with each other, this is to welcome you once again to Zookeeper's Lounge. :D
DinosaursRoar
zoo guest

Post by DinosaursRoar »

Hello. :D
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to Zookeeper's Lounge. :D