A Place For New Members To Introduce Themselves

First time here? Introduce yourself! Also if you are leaving on or returning from a vacation you may post a notice here if you wish.
paws63
zoo guest

Post by paws63 »

hi everyone i'm new here but been playing for sometime. just interduce zt to my granddaughter she loves it
Helga
zoo guest

Post by Helga »

Hi everyone.I am new here,I just recently bought ZT2 ultimate collection. I have finished the campaigns. Here to look for new ideas share ideas and such :)
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Hi there, and welcome.

Sad to say but there is not much here for ZT2. This site mostly has ZT1 info and files apart from a blimp.
If you are wanting ZT2 info and files I would recommend a visit to ZTUF (Zoo Tycoon Unleashed), ZooTek Phoenix and also Zoo Admin. For international ZTABC (German) and ZT.nl (Dutch). There are other smaller sites and you will find them by looking through the ZT Fanlist areas that most sites have.
Epik
zoo guest

Post by Epik »

Hi im new here and have been playin zt since i was 7. I will be on most of the time but mostly on the weekends. Also im a big zoo tycoon downloader i have atleast over 100 zt downloads.
barbinohio
zoo guest

Post by barbinohio »

Welcome, epik,

My granddaughter is 7 next month and has been playing ZT1 for a few years with me. We have purchased ZT2 for her computer since she has it for her DS and will give it to her on her birthday.
You like downloads? Try the other forums listed and have fun. :)
TerrierMom
zoo guest

Post by TerrierMom »

Been a long time since I posted here. The computer I bought to play ZT2 and Roller Coaster Tycoon on 5 years ago went to Digital Heaven in August. Now I have a new computer! I just started playing ZT1 again. Haven't played in a long time! So far, at least, ZT1 seems to work just fine on Vista 64! It works more than fine actually, 6GB of memory counts for something!
JVM
zoo guest

Re: A Place For New Members To Introduce Themselves

Post by JVM »

I do not see a way to post new threads here or post

My name is John, with my usual username in these communites JohnZTMaster or JVM. I have been playing Zoo Tycooni since at latest early 2003 and Zoo Tycoon 2 since the day it was released and remain a passionate fan of both games and remain inconsistently active in both communities and have tinkered with a variety of projects for both games for, in some cases, over a decade.

I don't know how long ago I made this account but I reactivated it today. ZKL's downloads include some old favorites of mine and I loved reading the comic so many years ago. Jay's work in the community is invaluable and I spent some of the last few days reading over the Slot Guide trying to figure out how to apply it to something I am working on.

I used APE for many, many years - not only as a means to design, but almost as a game in itself - and created dozens of animals and sometimes objects for the game. It took me many years to understand recoloring, as well as separatel to understand uca editing enough to feel comfortable with it, and finally in the last couple years I began coding animals myself without using APE, although until last week I struggled with how to recolor an animal without using APE, as I had not been aware the animation files would remain linked to the old animal's .pal file.

I am hoping to clean up a dozen or more animals for release, including both recent projects and stuff from twelve years ago or more.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome back to ZKL.

Thanks for the kind words.

Because of spambots, this site does not allow members to start new topics or send personal messages until they have posted multiple replies in existing topics first. Some topics are locked and do not allow replies.

The tools for designing are still similar, but there have been some improvements over the years. All versions of APE can cause problems and inefficiencies. The version that causes the fewest problems and inefficiencies is APExp3.2. APExp 3.2 was not released yet since some designers want some changes in it. But there is a link to download it from the following post at DD:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php?topic=7441.msg50613#msg50613

There are some tools to help identify some common problems. For checking an animal's configuration, there are the uca2post and checkztd tools that are available here at ZKL:

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?p=36982#p36982

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?p=36985#p36985

Although it is possible to fix anything those checkers show, you have to decide for yourself what things you want to fix, since even all of ZT's animals have warnings shown by the checkers.

As you mentioned, it is important to understand how to edit ".uca" files manually for designing animals. So another useful thing is the Uca Editing Guide that is also available here at ZKL:

http://www.lunamanar.com/zklounge/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=116

There is a similar guide at DG for editing ".ucs" files when designing foliage, rocks, and scenery:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=3954.0

As for ".pal" files, there are various tools that can create them. APExp3.2 is one. Another is ZT Studio, but I do not have experience with that because my computer is too old for it. And another tool is Zoot 1.1 that is available at DG:

http://www.ztcdd.org/DG/index.php?topic=4773.msg18197#msg18197

If you have problems, feel free to ask questions. Although I consider ZKL to my home, I actually spend more time at DD. So I often see posts there sooner than I see posts here. You are a member there as well.

http://www.ztcdd.org/DD/index.php

Good luck with your designing and Happy Zoo Tycooning! :D
JVM
zoo guest

Post by JVM »

I don't know what is wrong but for some reason emails from the DD to change my password can't seem to reach my email; but DD recognizes the email is correct because if I request a new password it knows the account correctly... so the issue is somewhere on my email provider's end :(

Thank you for the resources. I have been using some of them but some are new or I needed a refresher, so thank you!

EDIT: It seems I have it the post limit! Good news
Sophiya Cool
zoo guest

Post by Sophiya Cool »

JVM wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:55 am I don't know what is wrong but for some reason emails from the DD to change my password can't seem to reach my email; but DD recognizes the email is correct because if I request a new password it knows the account correctly... so the issue is somewhere on my email provider's end :(

Thank you for the resources. I have been using some of them but some are new or I needed a refresher, so thank you!

EDIT: It seems I have it the post limit! Good news
Ops this is a difficult issue. It's good that you can at least post in the forum.
Have your issue is resolved now or not?
DinosaursRoar
zoo guest

Post by DinosaursRoar »

Hi, my name is Dylan Hooton.