Still Alive

First time here? Introduce yourself! Also if you are leaving on or returning from a vacation you may post a notice here if you wish.
Capt.Rutlinger
dromedary keeper

Post by Capt.Rutlinger »

Hello everyone,

It's bin a long time, but now I'm back.
I've just been so busy with med school, friends and other useless stuff that I could not find the time to pop in once and a while.
But now I intend to visit more frequently, as it is still summer holiday.
I would have popped in earlier but I've been in Canada for most of july.
I've visited British Columbia and some parts of Alberta with my family.

I hope not much has changed in the past months?

A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
Edward Teller (1908 - 2003)
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Wow!! You have been busy. Hope you will tell us a little about your trips.
Nice to see you back. :)
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome back, Capt. How is med school going? I also would like to hear highlights of your trip.
Capt.Rutlinger
dromedary keeper

Post by Capt.Rutlinger »

Med school was just fine! I've passed the first year and look forward to next year.

As I said I've been to canada in july

We took the train from Bruges, Belgium to Amsterdam, Holland, where we took the plane to Vancouver.

The first night, we slept in Surrey, wich is a outskirt of Vancouver. The next day we drove off to Ossoyoos, At the northern point of the Great Bassin. Then we drove to vernon and visited some wineries as this area is know for it's wines.
(We practicly followed the wine route)
Then from Ossoyoos to Vernon and then furtheron to Revelstoke. Where we've visited Mount Revelstoke Nat Park. We did some short hikes through the alpine meadows and subalpine forest.

The next day we headed out for Banff Nat Park and on the way visited Glacier and SOHO Nat parks. We slept in Dead man flats a small town just outside the park.
We stayed there for 3 days and visited Lake Louise, Banff itself, and did some hikes.
Off course we also saw some game, mostly mule deer and elk but also 2 mooses
and 3 black bears.

Then we took the scenic route to jasper wich is believed to be one of canada's most beautifull highway's. On the way we've visited the Columbia Icefields and took the ride onto the glacier.
In jasper we stayed 2 more days (3nights) and did some hikes as well.
Here we also saw a black bear and lots of elk and some deer.

From Jasper we went to clearwater and stayed there for 2 nights, we've visited wells gray prov park. On the way to clearwater we saw another black bear.

Then from clearwater we drove to Williamslake and then to the coast in Bella Coola, a very small town where we took the ferry to Port Hardy on Vancouver Island.
From there we went to Cambell River and then to tofino where we've visited Pacific Rim Nat Park
From Tofino we drove to Victoria and visited the city in the evening and the following day. At the end of the day we took the ferry back to Vancouver.
And visited the city the next day and the morning of the other day. In the afternoon we took the plane back to Amsterdam and then the train to Bruges.

A fact is a simple statement that everyone believes. It is innocent, unless found guilty. A hypothesis is a novel suggestion that no one wants to believe. It is guilty, until found effective.
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Post by jwa1107 »

greetz upon your return!
[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

Wow!!! That sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope you took lots of photos. :))
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Nice highlights. Thanks. I was able to follow on a map without any problems. Based on your description and the map, you saw a lot of very nice scenery. The route to Bella Coola looks very remote. Did you have to have netting on the front of your vehicle? A very nice and interesting trip.
Capt.Rutlinger
dromedary keeper

Post by Capt.Rutlinger »

It was idd remote but we only had like 100 miles of dirt road, wich was very easy to drive on. There was just one very steep slope but everything else was fairly easy.

Troyminator
dino recovery team!

Post by Troyminator »

Welcome back dude.
Sounds like you had an absolutely wicked time on your hols :D
<span style='color:red'>Beware of the kipper!</span>

[img]http://www.lunamanar.com/signatures/troy/troysig.jpg[/img]
Capt.Rutlinger
dromedary keeper

Post by Capt.Rutlinger »

yeah the trip was very nice, but the studying for my exams was not ;)

ScottBommarito
zoo tour guide

Post by ScottBommarito »

Cool, welcome back, just like I.
[img]http://www.lunamanar.com/signatures/scott/scott01.jpg[/img] Like the manetee? Luna made it for me.
Did this place die?
AK Zoo
zoo guest

Post by AK Zoo »

Glad you are back. Hope you are well.