Early Days Of Galadwen, Queen Of Mirkwood

Here is a place for all you storywriters, storytellers and poets to show us what you've got...
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

For a while now I have been enjoying using my RP character, Galadwen. I have gotten deep into her life and now I have started to write about her younger years. This is a prologue of her life starting with the death of her father. It's only begun, so any comments would be appreciated. If anyone wants to know her Bio as well, let me know and I can post that as well. Cheers! :hug:

~*~

The Beginning Years, Galadwen

Lorien, the land of enchantment; many elves lived there and would never leave. One of these elves was Galadwen, daughter of Elras and Cebria. She had grown up strong, learning the many ways of the Arda. Her equine and weapon skills were the greatest ever seen, especially for an elf-maiden.

There was one horse that she favored, only a colt at the time. His name is Duathlach; which means Darkness of Leaping Flame. Duath is as black as ebony with a lighting stripe from his forehead to his nose. His mane is as shiny as a night sky, with his tail flowing down like a river.

One day she had taken him out for a ride, when she noticed some strange markings on the trail. Quickly she dismounted, her tracking skills kicking in, and checked the trail. It looked like something had come this way recently. Sniffing the air, a foul odor came into her senses. She had smelled this before; ORCS! Then it occurred to her, her father had come this way this morning, to look for some medicinal herbs.

Quickly she mounted Duath and rode hard up the trail. The farther she got on the trail, she heard fighting. Taking her short sword, she dismounted Duath and crept towards the sounds. Looking over the embankment she counted at least 5 orcs fighting her father. She had to get down there and help. Looking around, she saw an incline in the bank. Slowly she made her down the incline, so she wouldn’t fall or distract the orcs.

When she reached the bottom, an aweful sound came from her father. Snapping her head she saw that one of the orcs had injured her father. The fury inside of her arose and she attacked. The orcs didn’t know what hit them. In a matter of minutes Gala had killed them all. Breathing heavily, she ran over to her father.

“Ada!* Speak to me! Ada!”

Groaning he looked up at his daughter.

“Sell nin.** Do not fret. Everything will be fine. Do not bother with me. Get safely home.”

“U!*** Ada, I will take you back to Imladris and get help!”

~~

Slowly she helped her father up from the ground. Whistling at Duath, he came over at a fast lope, stopping right in front of Gala. Gently she helped her father onto Duath’s back, making sure that he was secure before she mounted on behind him.

Taking the reins Gala kicked Duath into a gallop towards Lorien, not wanting to waste any more time. The trees were a blur as they galloped through the woods. She would take the short cut in order to save time and not use the trail.

~~

To be continued....

~~
Elvish Dialogue
* father
** my daughter
*** no!
yellowrose
zoo tour guide

Post by yellowrose »

As a Fellow lover of elves and such please post her Bio this will be another story I will watch and read often.
[font=Courier]Zoo Admin Webmaster[/font]
[font=Courier]Zoo Tycoon Community Downloads Directory[/font]
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

Here is Galadwen's bio. It's still in the works, but pretty much describes her.

Galadwen
“Maiden of Radiance”

Origin/Region:
Lothlorien

Birthdate:
April 3rd 244 of the third age

Husband:
Legolas “green-leaf”

Father:
Elras “Star Horn”

Mother:
Cebria “Silver Brilliance”

Sibling:Elenros “Star Spray”

Relations:
Aragorn, Grandfather; Arwen, Grandmother; Elrond, Great-Grandfather; Eldarion, Uncle; Elrohir, Great Uncle; Elladan, Great Uncle; Celeborn, Great-Great Grandfather; Galadriel, Great-Great Grandmother

Detailed Appearance:
Galadwen is fair skinned, neither pale or tanned. She has golden blond hair that reaches to her waist, not straight but wavy. Her eyes being light blue with a petite mouth. Her ears being not too big or too small. Her shoulders are squared with a slim neck. Her arms and legs being at a normal length for elves and her waist not too small or too big. Her figure is a perfect hour glass shape. Her feet are petite with slim toes.

Clothing:
Galadwen rarely wears anything but pants. Her normal everyday outfit is bluish-green leggings and a leather toga with belt. Underneath her toga is a long-sleeved blue shirt with buttons starting at the elbow and ending at the wrist. Over the toga she wears a red cloak lined with a light layer of angora fur. Her shoes, being boots with a strap on each side to keep them snug. No matter where she goes, she always wears her silver crown that is weaved into a heart shaped design.

Weapons:
Fimbrethil “Slim Birch”
It is a cherry Elvish Long Bow with a light ebony string. Fimbrethil was so named for its slim design. Having a white tree engraved on its grip. Galadwen’s name is written in Elvish along the rest of the bow. Fimbrethil was given to Galadwen by her father Elras before he was killed by a band of orcs. Its length is around 3-4 feet tall with a 100-pound pull.

Glosmegil “White Sword”
An Elvish Long Sword with a double-edged platinum blade, both strong and light. Elvish lettering runs down its length on both sides. Where the blade meets the hilt, you see an engraved lightning strike, running down both sides. Glosmegil is 3 feet in length. Glosmegil was given to Elras by Lord Aragorn for his service. When Elras was killed, it was given to his only daughter, Galadwen. Ever since she has carried it with her wherever she goes.

Thilgil “Silver light with Spark”
Two similar knives made with the best silver blades. Elvish script runs on both sides of the knives, even on the hilts. A small emblem of double hearts can be found on each side of both knives. The hilts are wrapped with light leather bonds for more grip and comfort. They are swift and agile on land or on horseback. Thilgil was given to Galadwen by Legolas in memory of their first date and the bond they have with each other.

Skills/Abilities:
Highly skilled in Equestrian Ethics, able to ride hard at most speeds, distance, or movement. Has a great skill with bow, sword, and knives. Able to use them well on or off horseback. Other skills include the ability to converse with nature and sense what is going on around her without even seeing what is happening.

Animals:
Duathlach “Darkness of Leaping Flame”
6 years of age
16HH

Galadwen received Duathlach as a gift from Elrond of Rivendell for her and Legolas’ Anniversary.

A horse of many talents and of the long line of Elvish horses. A son of ShadowFax, Duathlach is one of the few remaining relatives of ShadowFax. Both of his parents are of nobleline, the last of the line of shadowFax. Morvell “Strong Darkness” and Morfael “Black Brilliance”. Both being brought up in Rivendell and trained for the Elvish Warriors.

His strength is amazing, nothing he can't do. And with the ease and grace of an Elf, can achieve anything.
Being black as ebony with a lighting stripe from his forehead to his nose. His mane is as shiny as a night sky, with his tail flowing down like a river. Always seeking to please his master, Queen Galadwen of the Elves, he is as gentle as a northern breeze. When riding him you never would know that you are moving because it is so smooth. No horse has ever been as pleasant a horse as Duathlach.
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

Next entry:

Slowly she helped her father up from the ground. Whistling at Duath, he came over at a fast lope, stopping right in front of Gala. Gently she helped her father onto Duath’s back, making sure that he was secure before she mounted on behind him.

Taking the reins Gala kicked Duath into a gallop towards Lorien, not wanting to waste any more time. The trees were a blur as they galloped through the woods. She would take the short cut in order to save time and not use the trail.

Getting closer to the entrance of Lorien, Gala met upon Haldir; who was the guardself for this sector.

“Mae Govannen, Haldir o Lorien. Ada nin.* He has been injured. I must get him to the healing house with much speed!” Gala said as she came to a swift stop.

Haldir nodded and mounted his mare, Hîthwen. With great speed, Haldir led Gala into the deepest parts of Lorien with hopes of getting Elras to the healing house in time. Time is at an essence now.

~*~

To be continued...

~*~
Elvish Dialogue
* "Well Met, Haldir of Lorien. My Father,"
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

Upon entering Lorien, Haldir and Galadwen dismounted. Haldir helped Elras off of Duathlach’s back and carried him to the healing house. Gala, meanwhile, went in search of her mother, Cebria and her brother, Elenros.

Rushing into their house, Gala noticed that her mother was sitting on the balcony, working on some stitching while her brother was polishing one of his swords.

“Nana!* Tor!** Ada has been injured by an orc attack! He’s been taken to the healing house, but it doesn’t look good.” She said amidst tears.

Cebria turned to look at her daughter.

“U! Elenros, stay with your Tiril***, I must go to your Ada.” She said departing from the house.

Elenros came near his sister and held her, if only to comfort her.

“It does not look good, ‘Ros. Not good at all.”

“The Valar will provide for us, Gala. It will be alright. We must stick together, that is what Ada would want.”

~*~
To be continued...

~*~
Elvish Dialogue
* Mother
** Brother
*** Sister
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

The sun was shining it's brightest till the event had occurred. Clouds had rolled in and opened up to rain down upon the earth. Galadwen was outside, as usual, in the rain. She was sitting in the garden, on the bench by her prized rose bush. Her skin was soaked and she could feel a chill coming on. At that point, she heard footsteps coming towards her.

"Elenros, no doubt." Gala thought.

She was right too. Elenros came out and sat beside her, trying to get her to look in his eyes.

"Gala, please come inside. Nana is worried about you and you will get sick this way. There is no need to burden yourself with such pity and sorrow for Ada's sake. He will be fine."

Elenros tried to smile, but in his heart he knew that what he had just said was a lie, their father was dieing. At that moment Haldir came looking for them. Gala looked up into his eyes, seeing a sorrow there that only meant one thing.

"Your father has died; I'm sorry to say. The wounds were too deep and the poison great. I offer my sympathies to you both and your mother." Looking to Gala once more. "Your father has left you some things, he wanted you to have them if he was ever to pass on. I shall bring them to your house later on today." Haldir bowed and departed, more then likely heading to tell their mother.

The sorrow that was felt inside of Gala, was finally released. Swiftly she left her brothers side and ran for her secret hiding place among the trees. She needed some time alone.

~*~

To be continued…
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

Galadwen ran past the trees and into a small meadow; her favorite spot to relax and think about things. She would never understand why bad things happen to her, but that was soon to remedy. Today would be a day to remember.

She had just reached a secluded spot in the meadow, when she heard the crunching of dried grass to her left. Jerking her head around, she saw a young elf. He was very distinguished, being tall for an elf, and had the heir of nobility. His blond hair flowed to his shoulders, with braids shown within. Wearing a cloak of silver and a crown upon his head. The crown caught her by surprise. Quickly she rose to her feet and bowed.

"Hir nin."*

The elf smiled and bowed as well.

"Hiril nin.** I pardon myself from startling you. My objective was not to intrude."

Galadwen was shocked, the politeness was something she hadn't seen or heard in a while.

"Hannon le, Hir nin.*** It is all right. I only came to get away from the sorrowfulness of my house."

"Glasson.**** May I inquire of what sorrowfulness you speak of?"

"Of course, Hir nin. But first may I inquire your name?"

"Forgive me again. I am Legolas, son of Thranduil of the Woodland Realm. And you are?"

Galadwen blushed; she had heard so much about this prince.

"I am Galadwen, daughter of Elras and Cebria of Lothlorien"

~*~

To be continued

~*~
Elvish Dialogue
* My Lord
** My Lady
*** Thank you, My Lord
****Your Welcome
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

Legolas smiled after Galadwen had introduced herself.

“Hiril nin, it is a pleasure to meet you and such a pretty maiden as well.”

Galadwen blushed and turned away.

“Now, Hir nin. You wanted to know of the sorrowfulness that has happened to make me sad? My father was attacked by a hoard of orcs and now he is dead. My mother is in distress and I feel like there is nothing left for me live for.”

Legolas smile turned into a solemn expression. He came closer to Galadwen’s side and turned her towards him.

“There is always something to live for, Hiril nin. I think the best thing for you to do is be by your mother’s side for comfort; not only for your mother, but also for your own sake. Then, I think you should get away. Maybe go somewhere you have always wanted to go. Just for your own sake, get away from these surroundings till you have gotten over the death in your family. Life will go on, though sorrow may have taken its place.”

Galadwen saw the sincereness in his eyes and she knew he was very concerned for her well-being. She finally felt comfortable enough to start crying before him. Gala had kept it in before him because of embarrassment.

Tears generously flowed down her cheek and her vision became blurred. The last thing she remembered was that it started to rain and someone; she assumed Legolas, had picked her up and carried her back to her house.

~*~

To be continued...
Kandy21
zoo tour guide

Post by Kandy21 »

The rain did not stop till almost three days later. Galadwen slept all that time and her mother was worried about her. Legolas continued to visit after that day that he met Gala in the field. The day that she woke up he was there by her side.

Blinking Gala tried to focus her dreary eyes. A figure stopped over her, looking into her eyes. The more times she blinked the better her vision cleared. After a few moments she saw her shadow, it was Legolas, the elf prince that she had met in the field those few days ago.

His smile was like the sun shining down upon her. Gala couldn’t help but smile back.

“You gave us quite a scare, hiril nin. How are you feeling?” Legolas questioned.

Gala tried to speak but her throat was dry; clearing her throat she was able to get out a few choice words.

“Hannon le, hir nin. I am feeling much better, thanks to your kindness towards me.”

“I am glad you are feeling better, I think your mother was quite worried about you; as was I.”

“With all due respect, hir nin, there was no need to worry about me. If anyone should be worried about it is my mother. I’m afraid for her well-being as much as my own. What shall we do? Now that my ada has passed on, who will protect us? You mentioned that I should get away for a while, but how am I supposed to do that? Should I leave my mother and my brother to fend for themselves? What kind of daughter would I be then? I do not know what to do, hir nin.” Galadwen spoke in-between the tears in her eyes.

Legolas gently laid his hand on top of hers. Looking her straight in the eyes, he came close to her.

“I think that what you need right now is someone to come beside you, to protect you, to take care of you, to….love you.”

Galadwen could see a new shine in his eyes, a spark almost. Something that she had seen in her fathers eyes when he was around her mother; that same gleam shown in his eyes now as he looked upon her. She couldn’t help but be memorized by his eyes. They looked upon her with a refreshing glow.

Galadwen could sense Legolas getting closer and as they embraced she left all the cares of the world behind her. The world spun as he caressed her lips with as gentle a touch as someone would a new born babe. Gala wished that it would never end; that she would always be in his arms, never to let go.

~*~

To be continued...
ather
zoo guest

Post by ather »

I love it! I am a fan of elves, and I have a particular liking to Legolas. This is good, please continue with it.
Your spirit can soar on the wings of imagination, your mind can play in the pages of a book, hunters roam in the night. As for me, i'm just crazy.