Equine Journey

Here is a place for all you storywriters, storytellers and poets to show us what you've got...
BrachiKari
zoo guest

Post by BrachiKari »

This is a story about my horse character, Brachi (Now I wonder where I got that name from...).
Anyway, I hope you enjoy this introduction into the story as much as others have.

Equine Journey

By: BrachiKari

On a small stud farm, a roan quarter horse mare gave birth. Her foal was a filly. Once the stud farm was found of stolen riches and illegal documents, the filly was transported to an adoption center, where a girl and her zookeeper friend, Joy adopted her.
Later, her friends knew the filly as Streaming Liberty, or Liberty. She was a golden bay, with a star.
So what does Liberty have to do with Brachi? Well, here's what happened after:
The stud farm lost lots of money, and almost went out of business. But this time, they didn't think of buying any more mares for their stallions. They were going to catch them.
One of those wild mustang mares, a beautiful buckskin, was taken back to the farm, and bred to the same exact stallion that the roan mare had mated to.
Then she foaled, having a similar foal. She was a filly, a dark bay, with a star. The stud farm got caught red handed again, and Brachi went to an auction.
Luckily, that same girl that was with Joy was there. The girl bought her, and let Brachi run free with her friends, but still spent time with the filly.

That was long ago. Brachi is now a four-year-old mare, and lives in a stable in her keeper’s haven, hidden from suspicious eyes. Along with her in the stable dwell Liberty, and Liberty and Brachi’s half-brother, Fire. Brachi’s keeper also kept dogs. Lots of dogs. Sunflower, Spotty, Seed, Edge, Rocket, Booster, Artic Wind, Little wolf, and Dazzle as well.

The keeper shared this haven with a close friend, and other strange creatures Brachi had never heard of, until brought into the oasis-like area. In secrecy, the keeper and her friend snuck into the haven at any time possible. Inside their cloud-touching mansion in the haven, they created more beasts.

The strangest of things, however, was when Brachi’s keeper had allowed three male humans into the haven. One was not even as tall as her shoulder, another of medium height, and yet another tall enough to look over her back with ease. Fire had the joy of other male species in the area, besides the male dogs. He stuck his muzzle out, pinning the short one in the chest.

Liberty stared at the medium height one with curiosity. When the male human dropped his glasses, she let out a low whinny to the taller one. The young male helped the other, and then went to Brachi. His hand reached out to Brachi’s muzzle. The whites of her eyes showed as she half-reared, then she retreated to the back of her stall.
<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>With HEART
comes HOPE</span></span>

With LOVE
comes EVERYTHING EVER WANTED
BrachiKari
zoo guest

Post by BrachiKari »

Here are the next 2 parts!

Part 1

Brachi never saw the boys again. ‘The keeper surely sent them away.’ She thought. Brachi felt ashamed by her actions earlier. The boy had meant no harm, or the keeper never would’ve let the males into the haven. Guilt was clear on her face.

Later that night, dark shadows pounded around the stable. Neighs and howls filled the air, even a bellowing roar. Frightened by the noise, Brachi shrilly neighed in the direction of the mansion. Brachi knew it was quite unlikely for the keeper or her friend to be at the haven at this hour, but helplessness wouldn’t let her realize the fact.
Liberty thrashed at her stall door with her hooves, frantic to escape, or battle the creatures in the shadows. Whichever one, Brachi did not know. Fire squealed in fear as the shadows inched ever so closer.

As sudden as the shadows had come, they vanished. Dark abysses surrounded Brachi’s stall, sucking her in. Brachi could hear Liberty’s frantic whinnies to her, but she couldn’t respond. Brachi limped as the portal swallowed her, and she vanished.

Swirling colors enveloped Brachi as she traveled. A great spat rang through her ears, then all went black.

Part 2

When Brachi stirred, a wolf jumped from the bushes, missing Brachi’s throat by an inch. Brachi quickly scrambled to her feet.

“Mal Espiritu, why did you try to attack that horse? The King would be upset with you. Fire would cover our pack’s territory!” A wolfess exclaimed. She was tan in color, with ocean water color melted into her fur. Her calm-ocean like eyes pleaded Brachi’s attacker away.
“Nonsense, Chi. The King is no match for the fifteen of us!” the wolf snapped back. Brachi’s attacker was a tri-colored wolf. Never had Brachi heard of a tri-colored wolf! Surely there were tri-colored horses, but wolves?

Brachi snorted. “Who is this, ‘King’ of yours, and where is the stable?” Brachi questioned.

“This is of no concern to you, horse meat! Stables are only in the Earth world!” the wolf, Mal Espiritu, growled.

“Espi, how can this mare not know of the King? We must ask the Forest One.” Chi muttered.

“No one can disturb the Forest One. Perhaps maybe the Lightning Tamer or the Earthbound one could help the mare. This is of no concern to us wolves. Accompany the mare if you wish, but you must give up your title as Beta to Moonlight.” Mal Espiritu growled.

“Espi…no. I couldn’t….” Chi stuttered.
“You made your choice, Chi. Go and lead this equine to the King or to the Forest One for all I care. Leave the pack, or forever become a lost lobo!” Mal Espiritu snapped.
“As you wish, Alpha Espi.” Chi said, her head hung low.

Brachi didn’t understand. This wolfess was leaving her pack, her family, her home. For her? Brachi snorted, and lowered her muzzle to the soft earth. The grass was bittersweet with the thought of almost being eaten, and by letting another go out of the way for her.
Chi caught a rabbit-like creature in her jaws while Brachi grazed. The silence burned into Brachi’s ears.
“Why did you give up everything for me?”
“What? What do you mean?” Chi asked.
“Why did you give up your pack, and your home, for me?” Brachi questioned again.
“It’s a long story…”
“I’ve got time. Since I know nothing about this place and all, and it looks like I’m stuck here, might as well listen to a story.” Brachi commented.

So, the wolfess began her story…

<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>With HEART
comes HOPE</span></span>

With LOVE
comes EVERYTHING EVER WANTED
ather
zoo guest

Post by ather »

continue, continue, this is good
Your spirit can soar on the wings of imagination, your mind can play in the pages of a book, hunters roam in the night. As for me, i'm just crazy.