Writers Tips From The Loungers

Here is a place for all you storywriters, storytellers and poets to show us what you've got...
Twilight_Star
warthog keeper

Writers Tips From The Loungers

Post by Twilight_Star »

Look below for the writing tips from your fellow loungers.

To add to this list simply pm me with your tip I will add it to the list

Writer's tip: How to fit the character with the emotions

Tip from BrachiKari:

Wally did one tip, and I'll tell you one that's even harder. Matching the Personality and Emotions with the character. Let's start with Pesonality.
The personality is what makes the character right? Well, personality is one of the most hardest things in making up characters. An example of one of my characters:
Name: Wolfyu (I'll just use her, just for this little example)
Nickname: Wolfie
Attitude: Depends. Sometimes she argues with me in a fiery wrath, other times, we pick on each other.
Wolfyu's personality is hard to match. She can be annoyed by me frequently, or just be calm and pick on me(when she's bored).

Here's how you fit the emotion with a character and a personality. The key to emotion is Word Choice and Voice. Here's an example:
"I HAVE COME TO HELP YOU, WOLFYU AND BRACHIKARI."
That was an example of gargoyle in my story. I put all the letters in caps because his voice is supposed to sound like a powerful person. See how he use's Wolfie's and my full usernames instead of our nicknames? That's another example of power in the voice. Here's another example so you can compare:
"Aw, C'mon Wolfie! Can we please get some ice cream?"
That's me. I have a mixed personality, and my emotions change quite frequently. One moment, I can seem like an annoying brat (see quote above for example), and another I can seem so serious it's freaky.
That's just a little example of emotion and personality mixed.

Writer's tip: words

Wally Donated this tip to aspiring writhers:

If you write something.. you have to write it on your best! And the use of words is very important! It looks better if you use hard words then pre-school words, you probably understand. but you do have to know for what audience your story is meant.. for little kids, for adults, or specially for girls or boys. Every audience likes a specifik use of words (people don't notice they do, but they do). But if you want to write something for older audience, you probably have to use "fancy" words. Afcourse noone knows every word. but if you pick one of the largest dictionary available in your country you can look it a little bit true, and if you see a word that sounds interesting you look what it means.. I did that and it is very amusing.. those words. but sometimes you can even use foreign words too if they sound interesting.. like latin or greek words. Accents of characters in your book is also very funny to do! especially if you are a fantasy writer (very popular since Harry Potter and LOTR) you can give races a special accent! what is very funny to do! I for an instance invented an accent for a nekker (or nikker) , a Dutch water spirit.

Also making your own words is very funny, and is more atractive to your audience.