Help!

Here is a place for all you storywriters, storytellers and poets to show us what you've got...
manegirl
zoo guest

Post by manegirl »

i been thinking about writing a story here but i can`t think up a good one first i tryed a story about an orphaned unicorn but it sounded too corny now i can`t think of anything else please anyone can help me firelupe?aapman?even wally can help pleaseeeee
*you are being chased by a velociraptor you come to a dead end the raptor snarls you turn around but are too late...your raptor chow*
superlion
serow keeper

Post by superlion »

Well you don't see my stories on the front page here but I write. I started a story the other night but it's not appropriate for this forum...

Anyway, I get most of my inspiration from dreams. I will pick one (weird) detail from a dream I've had and make a story explaining it, etc.

Other than that, you should write something that has a little suspense. You could do a story about a kid whose parents don't approve of what s/he chooses to do with his/her life... be that in the field of a career or religion or whatever. And you could make the story about resolving that conflict.

Often a good start is to write about something that has happened to you. One of the first things I even wrote that had some interest as a piece of writing to anyone was a journal entry about a fight I got into with my brother over a piece of Halloween candy. Use stuff like that to get better at writing a story that has tension in it.

Another idea is to write something about kids in school... almost unending possiblities with that, with sentiments about teachers, "in" groups, kids who like to be alone, food fights, etc.

Hope that helps and good luck with the next story! :D
manegirl
zoo guest

Post by manegirl »

i probally write a story that has animals in it hmmm i got it i`ll write a story about a young girl who finds a baby unicorn but the parents chase her away note:
i always write like this*example*:
me:hi there.
friend:hi.
ok? bye
*you are being chased by a velociraptor you come to a dead end the raptor snarls you turn around but are too late...your raptor chow*
manegirl
zoo guest

Post by manegirl »

hey superlion remember what you said about my stories sometimes coming from dreams well i had a strange dream last night*note:you probilly have to see the movie jurassic park to understand*that john hammond*ceo of ingen and owner of jurassic park*was in his office he then says that he has the feeling that someone*or shall i say something*was watching him he turns around and he sees a velociraptor snarling at him ready to strike you`ll have to find out the rest for yourself im not sure if i should make this story or not because it ends rather sadly :cry: should i post it?
p.s:did you notice my new signature?
BrachiKari
zoo guest

Post by BrachiKari »

'Ello there! I am a fellow writer, and this is my input:

Writing styles like
"Brachi: 'sup!
Wolfie:nothin' "

Are more of Chat Stories in my opinion than actually stories. I use roleplays I have been in to help influence characters, or use some of my characters in my stories, like my old ones, Enchantment and Equine Journey.

Or, like superlion said, I start from a dream. Wolfie and I (If you didn't know) start off projects together, then branch off. Try writing a story with a friend to help.

If you can't thing of ideas of your own, try a fanfiction. A fanfiction is easier to start out with, because someone has already created the characters, and all you have to do is give them credit for the characters. I, at the moment, have none of my newer fanfictions up to give you an example of. Sorry.^^;

Anyway, if you want your own characters, figure out personalities you want them to have, and roles in your story. I believe I posted a tip on this long ago...I try to find it for you.^^
<span style='font-family:Arial'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>With HEART
comes HOPE</span></span>

With LOVE
comes EVERYTHING EVER WANTED
Adrune
zoo guest

Post by Adrune »

manegirl wrote: i been thinking about writing a story here but i can`t think up a good one first i tryed a story about an orphaned unicorn but it sounded too corny now i can`t think of anything else please anyone can help me firelupe?aapman?even wally can help pleaseeeee
true..

but the problem is not the "Idea".. its your attitude in executing it,

don't be afraid to experiment.. Here.. use these,

Throw in some mechanoid snipers.. evil aliens.. and what not....for example..

if you fuss about what people are goin to think then you'll get nowhere,... :oops:

some stories start out as absurd even corny.. so what..?

Writers ..even insane ones have a Lot of freedom..same goes for amateurs and 1st timers.
Freedom, the way it should be used...........
lilgamefreek
zoo guest

Post by lilgamefreek »

Just a note, You normally cannot think of a story. You must wait for the story to come, see something and be motivated to write. The ghost story I wrote on this page came to me while at a piano lesson. In short, don't think about stories.