Marina Mania Issues

We have some of the best Techies around to help you solve any technical problems you might be having with Zoo Tycoon.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

SOADrocker posted Oct 19 2002, 03:23 PM

the guest happiness hack isnt compatible

searain79 posted Oct 19 2002, 03:36 PM

good tip. please post anything buggy-related to MM here.
Or what you find, isn't working.

searain79 posted Oct 19 2002, 09:21 PM

your guests will also stick to the bouncy toys again... picnic tables... benches... oh man.

Polaryan posted Oct 19 2002, 11:41 PM

All my non Scenario/Tutorial Saved games are coming up as corrupted files and not openable. Does this have something to do with the dlls? Like I said all my scenario games work great and no problem with user amnials. However all my previously saved games come up as corrupted (I backed them up too just incase there is a correction for this problem.)

searain79 posted Oct 19 2002, 11:47 PM

happened to me too. i had to start all over again. and, when you only have ZT installed, but have saved games from MM or DD it will come up saying *version is from a newer ZT blah blah blah* you may need to start over again, i don't really know the specifics why. could be a combo between a ton of user created stuff no longer there, or just becauise its an updated version of zoo tycoon.

Mak1027 posted Oct 22 2002, 01:30 PM

well the issue with the benches. bouncies, etc. has nothing to do with Microsoft or Blue Fang...it has to do with user created objects, such as benches and buildings, which update the guest.ai...these can and I'm sure will be updated to work with DD and MM.

dinohunter posted Oct 23 2002, 03:02 PM

I had a problem with the bengal tigers swimming (white and regular) the polar bear the penguin siberian tiger and the salt croc i will uninstall everything and reinstall to try and fix these problems

Mak1027 posted Oct 23 2002, 03:07 PM

what kind of swimming problems dino hunter? make sure you are building the land/tank combo exhibit correctly...the tank and land have to be at the same level or the animals will either be stuck on land or water depending on where you put them...when the tanks are correct, the top of the fence will turn to a striped pattern, and the part of the exhibit where land meets the tank must be a marine tank fence.

dinohunter posted Oct 23 2002, 03:10 PM

I did that.

It wouldn't even let me put them in the tanks. it said this animal doesnt swim in tanks and cant be placed in one

searain79 posted Oct 23 2002, 03:23 PM

odd. make sure you aren't using show tanks. also, make sure you drain the tank and fill it with fresh water for the bengal tigers, and the animals that need freshwater. the message you should be getting is *this animal requires land* after it is placed in the tank

dinohunter posted Oct 24 2002, 04:20 PM

After i uninstalled and reinstalled it worked fine
it woudnt let me put it into fresh tanks either

searain79 posted Oct 24 2002, 04:27 PM

so an uninstall worked? neat. glad its working better.

dinohunter posted Oct 24 2002, 04:51 PM

yup

koalamoon posted Oct 26 2002, 11:16 PM

Well, being the first to admit there are loads of user-made add-ons in my zoo tycoon file - still there are many glitches in this newest expansion. Here are the ones found today- I just bought the game 8 hours ago!

Guests get stuck - all over the place!
Guests stuck in/at - ring toss game, metal benches, grand stands for shows. And you cannot see the guests in the grandstands. Mine got really lost there.

Guests get stuck in: swimming cabana, boat rental. So many guests stuck I had to pause my game and I took FIFTY guests out of one square of the swimming area!!! Also, you cannot see guests in the water swimming nor with boat rentals.

Microsoft needs to take into account user-created items and allow for them, rather than the stupid warning pop-up they put on there!

Has anyone else had any of these problems?

searain79 posted Oct 26 2002, 11:58 PM

those *glitches* are the result of what you have in your updates folder.
and its about time MS put up the warning for you to recognize., because now you know what will happen if you leave that stuff in there, or don't wait for the updated stuff to come up.

hawk11 posted Oct 28 2002, 07:13 PM

my problems

guests stand in front of bouncy toys, swings , grandstands and not go on them

guests go into swim shack, dolphin ride, and boat rental but dont go out or swim ride the dophins, or use the boats

bluememaw posted Oct 28 2002, 07:59 PM

I would politely like to suggest that you follow Searain's instructions posted in other topics.

I followed most of Searain's instructions when I started playing MM. I forgot to take out the .dll files. Once I did that and did a clean re-install, everything worked fine. I don't have guests getting stuck anywhere. I have put my flowers back in the game and still am not having "sticking" problems.

zoogirl posted Oct 29 2002, 03:28 PM

yeah I took out everything except rainforest cafe seafood resteraunt,
mmguest hack, scenery hack, savanah hack new aqua trash can and all works great now to stuck guests or any issues thanks to all i suggest anyone that wants to add something do so one item at a time and test if it acts up take that item out if u try to many you dont know for sure which one it is causing the problem

bluememaw posted Oct 29 2002, 05:58 PM

Good suggestion, Zoogirl. Thanks. I plan to put some of my stuff back in one item at a time over the next week or so. I want to test and make sure there are no problems.

zoogirl posted Oct 29 2002, 07:06 PM

I have tested all day and i will have a updated list on my site i found alot thats working so far so you can check it out there

CosmicHedgehog posted Oct 30 2002, 09:05 PM

2 things, (they aren't really problems, just 2 things I have questions about): first, my marine animals show exhibit suitabilty ratings of 4000+ and the line indicator thingy is red. They're all quite happy, though. I was just wondering if this was a gliche or the beginning of a problem.

Second, I opened a saved game and everthing that could change color (including the guests) was now orange and gray. That has never happened before and I'd kinda like to know why. New building that I added after this happened aren't affected, but the guest keeping coming in dressed in orange and gray.

I did a clean new install on Monday just as soon as I got MM. I brought my user animals and scenery items (no buildings!!!) back in and everything is running just fine. I was just wondering what was going on.

zoogirl posted Oct 30 2002, 09:22 PM

well i iam using buildings i have a list of them and objects that are ok for mm on my site but today when i was testing some of our new zoo animals coming out soon i noticed in year 3 my buildings and peeps turned orange to i think its a microsoft thing some one told me that its the anniversary thing or something but its not a big issue you can change them back i did but i dont know what else to say about it just thought it might help

Zoogrammy posted Oct 30 2002, 10:19 PM

That happened to me today as I was playing as well. I was able to change the buildings back to the colors I wanted but I don't know how to change the people back.

searain79 posted Oct 30 2002, 10:28 PM

the red- 4000+ thing, is a result from DJ's hacks.. i beleive its the super fence? he is creating a update to get rid of that.
as for your saved game, your lucky.. i can't even open some of my older games.. (cause of the lack of things in my updates folder im sure.)
remember, opening or starting a zoo on oct. 31st (date in your game) will cause the guests to turn colours.. halloween themeish.. aside from that.. thats a new one for me..

CosmicHedgehog posted Oct 30 2002, 11:51 PM

duh! don't you just hate to have a brain dead moment in front of people. I figured out about 15 minutes after I posted that tomorrow was halloween. I'll give myself more time before I panic from now on.

And yes, it is the Super Fence Hack. I'll live with it. Otherwise my fences have the life expectance of a gnat. Well, I could just stop using the money cheat.....nah! My defense (for now) is that this is only my second MM zoo and I just have to the money to experiment.....

zoogirl posted Oct 31 2002, 03:24 PM

I found your right it was some user items but not all and the guest happiness hack works fine in my mm i got dj-puffs mm update all is well im just not sure if i like it ha ha but thanks for all advice i have learned if you go slow one item added at a time you can find the culprit causing your trouble in the games.

Kelsey posted Nov 29 2002, 01:49 PM

is there a way to get the saved games back?

bluememaw posted Nov 29 2002, 06:40 PM

It depends, Kelsey, on whether you have user/designer created objects in your zoos. Some of them cause havoc with MM. Somewhere on the lounge Searain and Mak have posted lists of user/designer created objects that are ok to put in MM.

If you moved your saved games folder to another place on your computer before you installed MM, you can copy them and put them back in the saved games folder in ZT.

Kelsey posted Nov 30 2002, 10:27 AM

I didn't move anything.

bluememaw posted Nov 30 2002, 02:11 PM

I'm afraid I can't help you, Kelsey. When I installed MM, I first did a clean re-install of ZT. I had been warned that many of the user/designer created objects were not compatible with MM. I moved my Updates, Screenshots, and Saved Games folders to another place on my computer so I wouldn't lose them. I haven't added any of my saved games back into my ZT folders because I have user/designer created objects in them and I don't want to crash my MM. Maybe Mak or Searain can help you. Sorry.

Kelsey posted Dec 2 2002, 07:26 AM

Every time I loaded a new expansion pack, (DD, MM) everything from the previous one disappeared. (shortcuts, etc.)

searain79 posted Dec 2 2002, 12:05 PM

alright, help me out here, im not exactly sure what is wrong.
everytime you install a new expansion, you say you loose stuff?
what excatly are you loosing? saved games? updates?

Kelsey posted Dec 2 2002, 04:28 PM

The updates are still there. The saved games are also there, but when I try to load them, it waits a while, then goes back to the main menu and a message pops up that says it is corrupted.

searain79 posted Dec 2 2002, 04:38 PM

ah.
you know, that happens to me too.
this is a result of a couple things.
you need to re-download the scenario, if its a scenario map.
upgrading to a different version (expansion) will do this to your game. its a combination of compatibility, incompatibilty and especially if you had removed stuff from your updates folder before the reinstall.
a corrupt game normally can't be recovered, its just the way it is.

Kelsey posted Dec 2 2002, 07:45 PM

It isn't a scenerio, & I didn't touch the updates folder.

Kelsey posted Dec 2 2002, 08:27 PM

Thanks anyway searain, I could probably attempt to rebuild it with all my screenshots.

Kelsey posted Dec 5 2002, 10:39 AM

I'm having a problem with MM. My orcas won't use the blue stage thingy in their show. Is anybody else having this problem?

searain79 posted Dec 5 2002, 10:56 AM

with the blue stage thingy, make sure of 2 things:
you have chosen a trick (beach on stage) to use the toy, make sure the trick has been researched. and also, that it is not blocking the portal between the normal habitat and the show habitat. Here is a link to a screen shot showing a trick in a show tank:
http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~princess/orcashow2.jpg

Kelsey posted Dec 9 2002, 04:26 PM

Yes to both.

searain79 posted Dec 9 2002, 04:49 PM

so with your trick selection, if you remove all the tricks, and then re-add them, what happens.

Kelsey posted Mar 22 2003, 10:11 PM

I'm still trying to get my old zoo back. If I take everything out of the updates folder & put it in a new folder, what will happen to the games using those updates?
eg. If I have downloaded the American eel, put it in a zoo, saved that zoo, taken the American eel out of the updates folder, and then tried to re-load the zoo, what will happen to it? Will I just have an empty cage or will the zoo not load at all?

Mak1027 posted Mar 22 2003, 11:56 PM

you should just have an empty tank

Kelsey posted Mar 23 2003, 12:51 PM

If I put all my updates into a different folder, is it possible for my game to work?

Mak1027 posted Mar 23 2003, 12:57 PM

Yes...it should work ...at least in my game it does...if I take stuff out of the updates folder, I just have empty spaces in the zoo where whatever I removed used to be

Kelsey posted Mar 23 2003, 01:04 PM

do you mean the zoo I had before I got MM might work?

Mak1027 posted Mar 23 2003, 02:08 PM

aaahhh...no...I doubt it ...none of the games I saved prior to MM work anymore. I am saying if you have updates in an MM zoo and then remove those updates from the game, that zoo should still open minus the updates you removed

Zoogrammy posted Mar 23 2003, 04:01 PM

Some of my games from the original ZT do work in MM but there were many that did not. I don't know why. It may have something to do with the map they were on.

Wulf posted Jun 29 2003, 02:24 PM

I am having a prob. with Grandstands. The guests wwill not watch! what i mean is that they will stand in front of the grand stand FACING it, but when i rotate to front view, then they dissapeer from front view ps i did try to reinstall, no good

searain79 posted Jun 29 2003, 03:09 PM

a) do the guests at all enter the grandstands, are you getting any attendance?
b ) you can reinstall all you want, but have you uninstalled, gone back to the c:/Program Files/Microsoft Games directory and deleted the Zoo Tycoon folder, and then reinstalled? (i ask this because if you only reinstall, it does not remove the Updates folder - and this is what MAY be causin the issue
c) on a normal map,with lots of guest activity- if you rotate the map, do the guests dissapear? or is it only in front of the grandstands?
d) when you delete a grandstand, do guests come pouring out?

midgetman42089 posted Aug 1 2003, 11:11 PM

1 question is there any way u can still get theShow Grandstand 2 & the Trio Statue that are unlocked in the scenarios when the easter egg Akiyama where All scenarios is unlocked? if so tell me what to do and if no tell me how to reverse it with out uninstalling it.

searain79 posted Aug 3 2003, 10:03 PM

you are looking for an unlock, i believe.
located at this site-
http://www.hemsida.net/ztdesign/index.html
under *downloads* click *hacks*
and the 2nd from the list, is

Name:
ZT/DD/MM Freeform Unlock
Description:
This file makes everything available for Zoo Tycoon,Dino Digs and Marine Mania on Day 1 of any new Freeform Game so that you do not have to wait for them to become available every now and then. Just open up this file in WinZip and run the Setup and everything will be yours.

midgetman42089 posted Aug 7 2003, 03:48 PM

It doesn't work please find me another way

searain79 posted Aug 9 2003, 10:24 AM

well, you are asking for quite alot of unlocks.- Actually i think most of those you need to unlock by yourself.

Comet posted Nov 18 2003, 04:18 PM

I'm having a problem with MM. After installing ZT, restarting, installing DD, no problems, restarting. When I install MM, about halfway thru install I get a file corrupt message for animals5.ztd.

If I ignore the problem, the installation continues. But when I play certain animals will not show up as images. The wooly mammoth for one, sabar toothed for another. If I play with just ZT and DD they are fine. I can put the creatures in exhibits but their images won't show up. I have no user created items.

searain79 posted Nov 18 2003, 04:35 PM

is it just animals5.ztd causing you issues?

Comet posted Nov 18 2003, 07:42 PM

It appears to be just animals5.ztd. I have not yet worked thru all the animals for ZT and addons but that was the only error message I've received during installation. I've tried reinstalling a couple of times and that was no help.

Jay posted Nov 19 2003, 01:05 AM

CDs for any software (and even music) can be defective when purchased. If you try installing a couple times and get errors during installation each time, the best solution is to go to the place where it was purchased and exchange it.

If it is difficult to exchange it, sometimes you can copy the files that caused errors. animals5.ztd is actually a DD file. It sounds like you have a version of MM that also includes DD and it is trying to overwrite the animals5.ztd file from your DD installation. Rather than copy the file from MM, just use Microsoft Windows to copy it from the DD disk instead. animals5.ztd is located in the data/xpack1 folder on the DD disk. It goes in the xpack1 folder in your Zoo Tycoon folder.

Comet posted Nov 19 2003, 09:39 PM

Thank you for your help. It seems to have worked.

kigercats2121 posted Dec 5 2003, 03:34 PM

guests are getting stuck to everything..also cannot satisfy hunger and thirst.and being tierd.we've tryed everything to fix these issues can anyone help ?

Jay posted Dec 6 2003, 12:40 AM

As described in the "Current List of Known Issues, Answered. READ ME!" topic within this Technical Support section, these problems are usually caused by having older user created objects, typically benches or tables. You should remove user created benches and tables from your Updates folder. If there is still a problem, you can follow the advice in that topic (to reinstall things).

firelupe posted Dec 27 2003, 09:41 PM

When I downloaded the UXP thing,but I want it off, 'cus the dolphins changed,so now i cant make any money off them!

And my favorite one hates everything now! Please help!

Jay posted Dec 28 2003, 12:14 AM

UXP (and its update, UXP2) was a group of user created scenarios in 2002. It came in "exe" form. I generally do not run things in "exe" form because there is no way to know what it will modify. Therefore, I am sorry but I cannot help you. You might want to go to the web site where you got it and ask there how to remove it. The other choice is to reinstall Zoo Tycoon and Marine Mania again.

Aussie Koala posted Dec 28 2003, 02:55 AM

You can easily uninstall UXP by going to your control panel, add/remove programs and selecting UXP

However, -
there is a user created dolphin with UXP required to complete one of the scenarios-however this does not change the dolphin that is available in Marine Mania.

You cannot use that user created dolphin in shows- you need to use the normal Marine Mania dolphin.
In the UXP scenarios - MM items/animals will not be available.

If you try a freeform game you will see your MM dolphin is still there in good health