File Missing/corrupted: Ui4.ztd

We have some of the best Techies around to help you solve any technical problems you might be having with Zoo Tycoon.
ladyshae
zoo guest

Post by ladyshae »

I have recently installed Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection and the second
original CD seems to be damaged in some way. Instead of sending it back
to MS or returning it to the seller I'd first like to ask whether
someone would be so kind as to send me the file "ui4.ztd". It should be
in /Data/Mania/Zupdate1/ on the Update CD or in /Zupdate1/ in the game
installation folder.

It's only that small file that cannot be read and it seems that it is
crucial for running the Marine Mania update. Dinosaur Digs runs
perfectly. In Marine Mania I cannot choose to view MM items only and I
can't see the dialog panel for show tricks, i.e.

Your help would be highly appreciated!
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to the Lounge.

Yes, that is a necessary file to run MM. The safest thing to do is to return it to the seller. If you are having problems with the CD-ROM now, you might have even worse problems with it if you ever need to reinstall the game.

If there is some reason you cannot return it to the seller, sometimes you can copy the file on your own from the CD-ROM. You can also try to clean the CD-ROM (soft cloth moving from the center to the edge), even if it does not look dirty, and then try to copy the file on your own. These approaches have worked sometimes for others.
ladyshae
zoo guest

Post by ladyshae »

Thank you for your advice, but I had already tried that and it won't allow me to copy it. Tells me access is denied. I can't return the cd. I bought it too long ago. I know I need this file. If someone could find it in thier heart to send it to me it would help greatly.
Thanks for your time. :)
ladyshae
zoo guest

Post by ladyshae »

Jay was so kind as to send me the file I needed and now the game works perfectly. If any of you are experiencing the same problem I would be happy to send the file to you. Jay even zipped it up all nice and neat for me. :clap:

Thanks again Jay!! :D
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

I'm glad that worked for you and that you are back Zoo Tycooning.

For others... Most Zoo Tycoon files I would not send. That particular file I consider to be a configuration type of file. But most are not. So I always recommend that people make at least 2 backups of their Zoo Tycoon folders, when they can. That way, if a reinstall must be done and files become unreadable from the Zoo Tycoon CD-ROMs, they can be copied from the backups instead.
davidchannybob
zoo guest

Post by davidchannybob »

ladyshae wrote: Jay was so kind as to send me the file I needed and now the game works perfectly. If any of you are experiencing the same problem I would be happy to send the file to you. Jay even zipped it up all nice and neat for me. :clap:

Thanks again Jay!! :D
Hi ladyshae, I'm afraid I sufferer the same problem that you had in the past, I wonder if you can send me the file <ui4.ztd>?

your help will be greatly appreciated.
ladyshae
zoo guest

Post by ladyshae »

Hi davidchannybob,

I sent it to the mail on your contact card. Let me know if you have problems or PM another address that you would like me to send it to instead.

Have fun.
Shae
solarstorm
zoo guest

Post by solarstorm »

I tried to install this game on my new computer, and I got the same error :(

I've been wanting to play this game again for ages... can you please reupload the file ladyshae?

Sorry for the inconvenience!

File sent.
ladyshae
zoo guest

Post by ladyshae »

Sorry solarstorm I can't PM or Mail you. If you give me your email address I can try to help. Other than that I don't know.
Take care
Shae.
Tikox
zoo guest

Post by Tikox »

Please. Cab you send me the ui4.ztd file too? Thanks
Tikox
zoo guest

Post by Tikox »

Email address removed by Jay since spambots could use it. File sent.
RFR
zoo guest

Post by RFR »

Someone can help me, i have bought ZT Complete Edition with marine mania and dinosaur digs update, my problem is, while i installing this game, in CD 2, i found the message that the file named UI4.ztd can be installed, someone is so very kind to send me that file, please help me, and i will help you too.

NB: sorry, my english not so perfectly, because i am from indonesia.

Email address removed by Jay since spambots could use it. File sent.
RFR
zoo guest

Post by RFR »

For ladyshae:

I will appriciate if you want to help me........ i read this forum section and i know that you have UI4.ztd file, want you to send that file to me. please...............
RFR
zoo guest

Post by RFR »

thx, you're so kind, Jay............
pigpigpiggy
zoo guest

Post by pigpigpiggy »

sorry. could someone email me the file too? i have the same trouble. is there any other way to solve it? pls send asap. i really wanna play mm!

Thanks!