File Missing/corrupted: Ui4.ztd

We have some of the best Techies around to help you solve any technical problems you might be having with Zoo Tycoon.
zootycoon221111
zoo guest

Post by zootycoon221111 »

Hey guys. I'm sure this is annoying, but I'm also having problems reinstalling this game. I've had it for awhile and for some reason, the file ztatb04.ztd won't copy to my computer from the CD. Is there anyone that can please help me and send over this file? It would be greatly appreciated.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

File sent.
federico192
zoo guest

Post by federico192 »

Im also having the same problem, but with the ztatb04.ztd and animals0.ztd for complete collection, please help
federico192
zoo guest

Post by federico192 »

federico192 wrote: Im also having the same problem, but with ztatb04.ztd to zoo tycoon, animals9.ztd to marine mania, and animals5.ztd for dinasour digs, i have the complete collection
Sorry its ztatb04.ztd to zoo tycoon, animals9.ztd to marine mania, and animals5.ztd for dinasour digs
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

I am sorry, but I cannot help you. The sizes of those files are 26 MB, 127 MB, and 163 MB. That is about half of a CD-ROM. Most email systems do not allow the sizes of those animal ztd's. In addition, the animal ztd files are mostly graphics, which are copyrighted material and would be illegal to transmit. If you just got Complete Collection, I recommend that you take it back to where you got it and have it replaced. If you had it for a while, you might have to buy another. A number of places still sell it. You can also look to see if the CD-ROM disks look like they have scratches or are dirty. Sometimes you can use a soft cloth to wipe from the center of the disks to the outer edge of the disks to clean them. Also, try copying those files manually from the disks. animals9.ztd goes in the XPACK2 folder, animals5.ztd goes in the the XPACK1 folder, and ztatb04.ztd goes in the main Zoo Tycoon folder.

Good luck.
federico192
zoo guest

Post by federico192 »

Yeah, i know we can pass them manually, but it says that the file is corrupted and cannot be passed, i tried with the ztatb04 file, ill try with the animal file, besides i am having a problem, i cant place aquatic animals, and the dinosaur eggs dont hatch, is it problem of the files?, or is it just another problem, thanks for the advise
federico192
zoo guest

Post by federico192 »

And besides, u could sent the ztatb04.ztd to zootycoon221111, why not to me?, is it cause my email doesnt let things bigger than 10 mbs?, and by the way i tried with the animals9.ztd and it worked, but animals5.ztd just doesnt finish passing, i have a friend which has it, should i just pass the file from his disc?, or is it worthless a try
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Although I can send ztatb04.ztd, I do not know if you would get it if your email limit is 10 MB, plus that does not help if you do not have animals9.ztd and animals5.ztd. Yes, the problems you are having with the aquatic animals and with the dinosaur eggs are because of those animals ztd files. animals9.ztd has most of the aquatic animals in it and animals5.ztd has most of the dinosaurs in it. I am glad you were able to copy animals9.ztd manually. Yes, you can copy animals5.ztd and ztatb04.ztd from your friend's CD-ROMs. They would be the same files as what are on your CD-ROMs.

Again, good luck.
federico192
zoo guest

Post by federico192 »

Ok, thx for the help, i really want to play it completely :(
and just one last question, zoo tycoon 2 complete collection can be installed in windows 7?, if you dont know ill just ask in the microsoft page, but anyway thx for the help :D
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

It sounds like you will be able to play Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection very soon, with the help of your friend's CD-ROMs. :))

As for whether Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection or Zookeeper Collection can be installed in Windows 7, according to Microsoft, Zoo Tycoon 2 can be installed on Windows 7:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/889368

It also depends on the type of graphics card that is in your computer, because Zoo Tycoon 2 needs a more powerful one than Zoo Tycoon 1, although not much more powerful, so it probably will work for you. You can try downloading the various demos for Zoo Tycoon 2 to see. There are 4 demos: one for the original Zoo Tycoon 2, one for Zoo Tycoon 2 Endangered Species, one for Zoo Tycoon 2 Extinct Species, and one for Zoo Tycoon 2 Marine Mania. They are at the Microsoft Zoo Tycoon site:
http://zootycoon.com/Downloads/demos.htm
and there are also links from the official Blue Fang site:
http://www.bluefang.com/downloads/game-dem...on-2-free-trial

Good luck, once again.
rdunn483
zoo guest

Post by rdunn483 »

i am missing data / ZUPDATE1 / UI4.ZTD could you send it
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

File sent.