New Nvidia Driver, Works With Zt!

We have some of the best Techies around to help you solve any technical problems you might be having with Zoo Tycoon.
Jay
african elephant keeper

New Nvidia Driver, Works With Zt!

Post by Jay »

searain79 posted Mar 6 2003, 11:31 PM

nvidia released a newer video driver for GeForce and TNT cards recently; version 41.09 (shows up as 4.1.0.9 on your pc)
As we remember, version 4.1.0.7 created HUGE issues with zoo tycoon, jumpy graphics, crashes, and glitches. (oiiiiiy)

To get this new driver version:
for those with Windows xp/2000:

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_41.09

for Windows ME/98/95

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=win9x_41.09

Happy Gaming

Mak1027 posted Mar 6 2003, 11:52 PM

I 2nd that...I had problems with 4.1.0.7 ...got 4.1.0.9 and it works great

bestofsmall posted Mar 14 2003, 05:58 PM

how do i find out which driver thinggy i have and if i need an update? my puter is a sony vaio digital studio desktop pcvrx660. -win xp - theres 2 drives c & d as well as my cd rom & dvd player(which i've never used) i would also like to know if i can install my games etc to the d drive as its alot bigger. my c drive has 10.6 Gb free and d drive has 57.6 GB free! i hope i can do this and not kill my puter!

searain79 posted Mar 14 2003, 06:13 PM

right click on my computer and left click on properties and then click the hardware tab and then the device manager button. Here is a link to a screen shot showing the device manager window:

http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... manger.jpg

click the plus sign in front of display adapters.

searain79 posted Mar 14 2003, 06:14 PM

oh-- yeah.. when you install ZT... you can BROWSE during the install, and install to ANYWHERE you want.

Mak1027 posted Mar 14 2003, 06:44 PM

yes best of small ...have no fear...I have almost the same comp as you...mine's a 670 , but in any case I have all my games on the D drive

bestofsmall posted Mar 15 2003, 12:24 PM

I redid darn thing this am and gave c drive 30 GB kind of split it up lol i still have so much stuff i don't use on it maybe i'll uninstall alot of it later now i have to reinstall my zoo and all that stuff maybe i'll get it back right b4 midnight!

kermit posted Apr 5 2003, 09:43 PM

just thought u all should know that nvidia released yet another update as of like march 28th or somewhere around there, anyways its version 43.45 i believe, and im sure u can get it from teh same links in the previous post, im running winxp, umm..also it just occured to me that this update may only b for xp, but i dont think it was so u can check, im gonna install it and hopefully, crossing my fingers, my issues with the game will fix themselves. the game runs fine per se, like its not slow, but the picture towards the bottom of the screen keeps flickering or something, i cant quite explain what its doing, its almost as if theres another zoo game running in the background trying to run over the one running, but that i know is not the problem, i have marine mania btw. anyways im hoping this update will fix this!

searain79 posted Apr 6 2003, 11:56 AM

let us know.. im going to try it out as well. i'll leave a list of known working nvidia drivers on here. .. well, just the currnt one up there, and then the new one if its working.

kermit posted Apr 6 2003, 05:02 PM

just wanted u to know that new updated driver 43.45 worked great, it took me a minute to get it installed since when i removed the previous one good ole winxp as it does so annoyingly automatically reinstalled when i rebooted so i had no choice but to remove it again and the install the new driver and then reboot so it would work out right but needless to say it works great and no more funky twitching screen. yaaaay.

searain79 posted Apr 6 2003, 05:35 PM

glad to hear it, i installed the newer one too, and it works great. and i know what you mean about uninstalling it then XP re-finding it.. oiy.....

woot! at least this one is a go! thx again for letting us know!

katie posted Aug 10 2003, 04:46 PM

There's a newer Nvidia driver out, 44.03. Has anyone tried using this for ZT and if so how do you find it, are graphics jerky or just as fine as 43.45?

Would be interested to know as my other half is experiencing probs running ZT (slow moving, jerky graphics) with 44.03 whereas I have no probs with 43.45 (but we do have different graphics cards although they're both Nvidia).

searain79 posted Aug 10 2003, 11:16 PM

i am running an nvidia geforce 2 gts 64 mb card- thanks to your note i updated the driver-
and it works great for me- i noticed nice speed change with my rotation/blending.
thankyou sooooooo much for letting me know about the driver.
i say it works for me