Verified/Not Verified Objects For MM/DD

We have some of the best Techies around to help you solve any technical problems you might be having with Zoo Tycoon.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

searain79 posted Oct 26 2002, 04:23 PM

Master List of what has not been tested in MM....yet

This is all the goodies that have not been verified to work in the game yet. Some might need to be updated by whomever has created the object.**
Remember, this is anything a guest can use.
Although not specifically verified, the items listed later in the "Master List of what has been tested and is known to work in DD" should also work in MM, except for benches. Also, generally buildings should "work" if guests disappear into them and stands should "work" if guests stand next to them. The definition of "work" is that the object will not cause the game to crash, the guests to get stuck, or the guests to start complaining unexpectedly. It is still possible that some user strings will overwrite a game string. For example, a fence might now be called a camel ride. Although confusing, this does not hurt the game.

Garden Bench
KFC Bench
McDonald's Bench
McDonald's Picnic Table
Telephone Booth
Tekken 4 Arcade game
bat cave
aquarium
food stands
balloon stand
balloon ride
Waffle stand
telephone booth / payphone
tavern
camel ride
baskin robbins
Bean baby stand
Bubble gum machine
Candy apple stand
Coca-Cola .pepsi / 7up vending machine
Coffee stand
Cotton candy stand
Dairy Queen and subway shops
Donut stand
Fireworks stand
first aid stand
Fried chicken stand
flower shop
Ice cream stand
I-Max Theatre
info booths
Theme Pack's (not official ones) and their benches etc
Matchbox toy shop
Meteor stand
Pizza Hut
Pretzel stand
popcorn stand
Rainforest Cafe
Raptor Pit
Seafood shop
Snow cone stand
Souvenir stand
stone bench
Taco Bell
Waffle stand
hardee's theme pack
applebee's theme pack
Drop zone coaster
ball pit ride
space needle
chuck e cheese restaurant
male and female bathrooms
hot air balloon ride
Chick Fil-A Theme Pack
**some statues, that include extra files will do this as well

Master List of what has been tested and is known to work in DD

Animal Print Fences
Animal Statue Pack
Applebee's Family Restaurant
Artic Theme Pack
Ballaw's Warning Sign
Ball Pit Ride
Baskin Robbins Theme Pack
Brick Bridge
Cactus Pack
Caladium Pack
Catch Of The Day Statue
Cottoncandy Shop
Christmas Pack By DEVONA
Christmas Pack by SUNDANCE300
Chick Fil-A Theme Pack
Chuck E Cheese's
City Trees
Crocodile Statue
Drop Zone Coaster
Exhibit Sign
Fantasy Willow Trees
Festive Lanterns
Flag Pack
Flowering Bush Pack
Foilage
Gargoyle Statue
Green Hedge Exhibit Fence 2.0
Hanging Flower Basket
Hanging Flower Basket on Lamp Posts
Hardee's Theme Pack
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Icee Stand
Johnny Bravo Rock
Large Garden Pack- Sundance300
Light Coloured Fountain
Log Flume
Male & Female Bathrooms (work fine, but the tool-tip on the M bathroom gets overwritten by dj's outhouse)
PizzaHut Bench
Space Needle Ride
Stone Pillar
Torch
Stick Torch
Wolf Statue
Yeti Statue
Zeus Fountain

bluememaw posted Oct 26 2002, 09:09 PM

Thanks, Searain. Saved me hours! MM has a seafood restaurant, a popcorn stand, and an aquarium so I don't need my dl'd ones anyway. I am sooooo happy to have my flowers back. I put them in today and clicked the box as you told me to. I haven't had any problems using them. Hooray! I love my flowers.

What about Frogman's rocky bridge? And the brick bridge? I would like to be able to use them.

Sundance300 posted Oct 26 2002, 10:39 PM

Thank god that it's only the buildings causing probs, hate to lose all my animals and objects. I had to remove all of my user created files because I couldn't get rid of the aquarium, Hardees, and one other building.
I'm going to put files back in that I'm absolutely sure of what they are and then go from there. Big pain!

Wally posted Oct 27 2002, 11:14 AM

What about usercreated swimming animals??
Will it crash.. change animation, or not able too rise the tank..

Sundance300 posted Oct 27 2002, 12:27 PM

You can only do that to certain animals. Now you'd have to edit the tank pictures along witht the usual animations. The baboon, giraffe, and other pure land animals aren't effected. Or so I think.

Niebi posted Oct 27 2002, 12:30 PM

I asked searain, and she said that they aren't able to swim, so you cannot place them in the new water..

Polaryan posted Oct 31 2002, 01:00 AM

The Bat Cave, The Applbees and the rainforest Cafe work fine in my game and they have not been updated. I use them all the time. I also Kept the seafood restaurant (it works fine for me too) cause the noise the new one makes is annoying to me. And I cannot get any of the MM buildins for ZT scenarios.

But with my game, those items work just fine n dandy.

searain79 posted Oct 31 2002, 10:52 AM

hey thanks Pol-- i need to know these things so they can be marked of the list. THANKYOU

Niebi posted Oct 31 2002, 10:55 AM

cool !! i didn't want to delete those great buildings. i really love the bat-cave!

Sundance300 posted Oct 31 2002, 11:59 AM

Don't mark them off yet....They still cause the bench prob in mine. No user created buildings work in my MM.
Does anyone know if DJ's statues have something extra added to them? All my other user created scenery works fine except his walrus and one other statue(slipped my mind) I make it to where it just loads the scenario, you can see the zoo. But as soon as you move it crashes. I took out those two statues and no more crashing!

zoogirl posted Nov 2 2002, 07:39 PM

I have the following in mine and they work fine baskinrobbins and aquarium I found that if it says to patch and you dont they will work exception being starbucks I have all my stuff in my MM game and they work fine I have a list at my site hope helps

Sundance300 posted Nov 2 2002, 08:37 PM

Does it still cause the Bench prob zoogirl?

zoogirl posted Nov 2 2002, 10:34 PM

no bench problems or picnic tables i went one item at a time very time consuming but worth it then if there is a prob you can just take out that one item instead of all.also I have found if you dont patch them when they say to they work its worked for me lol and i have a big list on our site of everything im using http://www.zoogirlandfriends.com

dj_pluffs posted Nov 4 2002, 07:08 AM

here's a list of my stuff that are not compatible with mm ...yet

Stone Bench (it's in dino digs so it wont be a update for that on)
Telephone Booth
Tekken 4 Arcade Machine
Jurassic Park Arcade Machine

thats it ..all the other stuff is working great in Marine Mania ..have fun

dj_pluffs posted Nov 5 2002, 10:33 AM
Do they make sounds or something. :?  I haven't tried his roaring Trex statue, so I don't know if maybe the walrus has sound or something and whatever he had to do extra made it crash or what. I really liked that statue to.  :cry:
It would be something to do with its DLL or its modification of a DLL (i think)
The DLLs hold strings of text, like what the guests are thinking about the object. Each of these strings has a number. Mostly people just assign one of the pre-existing strings to their objects ('This area is quite beautiful') but I'd assume this had a custom string for the guests to think, which is conflicting with a new string from Marine Mania
the t-rex statue that i made works great in mm ..donmt know why shes (or he?!?) having problems with it ..might be that she has to many usc files (user created files)

Sundance300 posted Nov 9 2002, 11:55 PM

I'm a she. No, it was the first one I put in the newly installed game. So there weren't any animals, buildings, or objects to conflict with! I love my computer......really I love it to death...

dj_pluffs posted Nov 10 2002, 05:57 AM

then i dont know why ur game is crashing ..sorry ..but i've tested all my stuff several of times and they work ..so sorry ..cant help u there

Sundance300 posted Nov 11 2002, 12:40 AM

It's probably my computer....My mother loved the Pokemon Studio image editor. Worked fine for about 2yrs, suddenly it doesn't want to play it. So now I have to go and find out what's wrong. Probably the same thing that's messing with my game....

jwa1107 posted Nov 14 2002, 02:30 PM

are all the animals here at ZKLounge MM-compliant?

(most specifically my favs the blue fairy penguin, peacock and the vulture)

searain79 posted Nov 14 2002, 02:32 PM

ALL user created animals, are MM DD and ZT compliant. from any site. an animal will only crash your game if it is not build correctly.

jwa1107 posted Nov 14 2002, 02:34 PM
so why do all mm objects crash my game (trash can)
because you do not have MM!!

jwa1107 posted Nov 14 2002, 04:51 PM

okay - anyone try out Krimmsun's Gruesome Discoveries objects yet?
is it MM-compatible?
(the one with the carnivore gravy, animal skull, dead zookeeper, and mauled guest)

searain79 posted Nov 14 2002, 05:13 PM

yep. they work.

Sundance300 posted Nov 14 2002, 10:24 PM

I retried the statues and they work now! no crashing?! My computer is moody I guess...
I haven't had any probs with user created objects except buildings and benches in MM. But DJ's MM compatible benches work (of course).

searain79 posted Nov 14 2002, 10:32 PM

hey sundance, thats so great to know that its working for you! was there anything you had left out of the updates folder?

Sundance300 posted Nov 14 2002, 11:09 PM

I didn't unload them to mu updates folder, but to one of my editing folders. Then I transferred the ZTDs to my updates folder. Don't know if that was the reason or not.

PandaBear posted Jan 29 2003, 01:53 PM

I've since removed all user objects, but before that I had the Rainforect Cafe, Seafood restaurant, baloon ride (big money maker!) and the Starbucks theme pack. I didn't have the "bench issue" exactly.

What would happen is that guests would suddenly appear inside an animal exhibit and be stuck there. When I'd pick them up to move them, it turned out that hundreds of guests were stuck on that same spot. I'd pcik up one and there waould still be someobdy standing there. The animals sisn't notice the guests in their exhibit, and the guests were not screaming, just standing there immobile. When I'd click on the guest they would be saying "This zoo is too crowded" over and over.

Is that the same type of issue as the bench thing? Also, if any of these items becoem updated I'd love to use them again.

WHen the Tekken Arcade Game is updated I would love to use that again. I had it before I had any expansions, and it was a sure-fire people pleaser.

Thanks for the list searain! You must live in some alternate universe where you have 48 hour days, because you do SOOOO much for this game and your fellow players.

searain79 posted Jan 29 2003, 02:17 PM

one time, i had about 600 guests, and i let loose my Coelophysis (sp?) and boy, do they do damage! :twisted:
my guests were in quite the frenzy, running everywhere.. when i was taking a look at the commotion, i noticed (what i thought) were a handful of guests, jumping up and down, stuck behind those snack and pop machines availble in the game. once i deleted the machines, about 100 guests poured out. *i can't see! its too crowded!* and i gotta get outta here! they have the animals loose!* were the thoughts. im going to say its an actual glitch, because they weren't sticking to anything, they were just stuck., and there were so many guests pile-ing in there at the time.
haha, its so funny when i think back on that zoo.
but it happened again, with a tourguide, and about 20 or 30 -so guests in tow. for some lame reason the guide took them behind some pop machines, and did her *speaking* thing.. well, she was then stuck, and the guests were stuck too. *its too crowded! i can't see!*
then move! :roll:
not too bright... those guests...

bew549 posted Feb 11 2003, 12:38 AM

as anyone had problems with the super zookeeper :?: I had terrible problems with my screen image..i kept flipped and sticking in corners, then the fences would go in the oppisite direction of how I wanted to place them. I am also wondering if this was caused by the coral reef pack. I had to delete all my downloads again and reinstall them
I didn't put those 2 back cause ain't doing that again

Xeack posted Feb 11 2003, 01:07 AM

In my game the jurassic park game works fine.but i cant get the log flume (it will work but after 25 min it crashes my game if i have one out where people can ride it) or the tekken to work.

Mak1027 posted Feb 11 2003, 08:20 AM

let's see....
bew549...we have 10 testers that tested the Coral Reef Fish pack and nobody had problems with it ...so I would say it's safe to put back in your zoo

Xeack ...as far as I know neither the JP arcade or Tekken 4 have been updated for MM ... I have the Log Flume in a zoo that's 12 years old, it has made tons of money and never crashed my game, so I don't think that's your problem.

searain79 posted Feb 11 2003, 10:07 AM

bew549: the super zookeeper.. thats the official download? or where was it from?

bew549 posted Feb 11 2003, 01:12 PM

thanks..i'll try the reef pack again...as for the zookeeper I got him off the official zt site

Mak1027 posted Feb 11 2003, 01:24 PM

I noticed in my game...if I try to do the zookeeper thing in a saved game it crashes the game ....don't know why, have no problem with it in a new zoo though

bew549 posted Feb 12 2003, 10:22 AM

well...i had no problems with the reef pack ..so it has to be the super zookeeper...I couldn't even play the game when i had that installed...lost money (went straight to 0)..so i am not using it.