Ztcc

stephaniemosher
zoo guest

Post by stephaniemosher »

I was just wondering if there is a Mcdonald's theme pack for zoo tycoon complete collection? I know they have 1 for mm and dd and just zt. Can't anyone make 1 for ztcc?It should be easy if they can make it for the others.I'm just learning how to do ape. :roll: If I could make 1,I would!!!!
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

There is a McDonalds Food Stand that works with all versions here:
viewtopic.php?t=1227

As for the McDoanlds Theme Packs, the bench and table in them would cause conflicts if someone else created functioning benches/tables or another guest hack. So I prefer nonfunctioning, user created benches and tables, mixed among ingame benches and tables. This adds to the looks without causing the conflicts.
micandra
zoo tour guide

Post by micandra »

Most objects, packs and animals that are made for just zt, mm dd works in the cc. Having the cc is the same as have zt and adding the exp. later. :D
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

The key word is "Most". Unfortunately, it is not true for things that modify ingame files (such as "functioning" user benches and tables) or for things that copy or patch ".dll" files. It is only true for simple scenery, foliage, rocks, and animals. It is also true for most, but not all, buildings, stands, and attractions.
micandra
zoo tour guide

Post by micandra »

Jay wrote: The key word is "Most". Unfortunately, it is not true for things that modify ingame files (such as "functioning" user benches and tables) or for things that copy or patch ".dll" files. It is only true for simple scenery, foliage, rocks, and animals. It is also true for most, but not all, buildings, stands, and attractions.
I've never had a problem.
I have this theory that chocolate slows down the aging process.... It may not be true, but do I dare take the chance?
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Then you are probably the first. It is obvious that bench and building creators believe in that statement. Otherwise they would not have created benches for specific versions of the game. They would not have switched from patch programs to separate ".dll" files. They would not have switched from modifed copies of lang0.dll to ".dll" files containing only their new messages. It is obvious to technical support people at various sites that the statement is true. Otherwise they would not repeatedly say similar things in their replies to people asking for help. They would not suggest removing user benches and tables or older ".dll" files. They would not talk about conflicting hacks that are of the same type (ie, overriding the same ingame file). There would not be people asking for help from guests getting stuck on benches or asking about unexpected "Fries" messages. It is obvious to various people at various sites who have been taking time to update those older downloads to no longer use patch programs or user ".dll" files bigger than 1.8 mb. And the bench problems specifically are very reproducible. That was why nonfunctioning ones were created.