Download Warnings

Talk about anything (just keep it clean).
JohnRN1
zoo tour guide

Post by JohnRN1 »

I noticed that on some downloads that a warning has been posted with the download. It states that the object doesn't work correctly and may cause guests to eventually complain of being thirsty.

If the downloads have errors, and can't be used properly in a zoo...are they just here to download for a "screenshot" type non-working zoo? They are very nice buildings and such, but I don't want to use them if they bring down the guest rating!!

Can someone please help me understand this?

Thanks in advance,

==JohnRN1==
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

There are multiple reasons they are still in the downloads. Yes, one of them is so they can be used in screenshots. They could also be used in "working zoos" in two ways. One is to make sure that guests cannot enter them, such as with fences. Another, is to allow some guests to get thirsty or have other problems. Some Zoo Tycooners do not care about such things, although I do. One cannot say how much they will affect guests and the guest rating because it depends on each specific zoo. So, for some zoo layouts, it might not be noticeable. In fact, those are old downloads and noone noticed (or, at least, noone posted seeing that behavior) for a few years, until I started working with building configuration and noticed the behavior. The final reason the downloads are still there is because we are still hoping to find time to fix them. But with all of the other things we are involved in, we knew it would take time. So that is why I added those warnings here, and why similar warnings are being added for downloads at other sites that are listed at the Download Directory site.
JohnRN1
zoo tour guide

Post by JohnRN1 »

Thanks Jay, that was very helpful. I have posted another question in a different topic.