Downloading From Other Sites

Talk about anything (just keep it clean).
Bswiley1
zoo guest

Downloading From Other Sites

Post by Bswiley1 »

Why is it that when I try to download from the "Zoo Tycoon ABC-Katalog" it sends me to this site? I am a member here and I love this site. But they have some pretty neat stuff I've only seen there. When it sends me here it says something about 10 posts. I think this is the only site you have to have so many posts. Am I right? Just wondering why that is. @_@
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Zoo Tycoon ABC is a very nice web site. It is primarily for those that can speak German. When you click "Downloads" on the left side menu there, that will give the downloads that are at that site. But when you click "Downloads-Katalog", that gives downloads that are many sites. It is similar to the Zoo Tycoon Community Downloads Directory, but for those that can speak German so that they know what the downloads are at other sites. Those links will go to the site where the download is located, be it here or elsewhere.

For here, a person does not need any posts or even to register to get the downloads. But this site has a requirement of 10 posts before a new member can start a topic on their own. Of course, there are lots of topics here where a new member can immediately add posts. The reason for the requirement is because there are a lot of "spambots" on the Internet. These are programs that go around adding posts to forums to sell things. Their purpose is to get higher ratings in search engines. They keep changing their Internet addresses. We get about 5 spambots here every day. So the post requirement was added to prevent these spambots from starting new topics here.
Bswiley1
zoo guest

Post by Bswiley1 »

Thanks Jay, now I understand it. Sometimes I'm not the smartiest tomato in the garden. :oops: But your explanation helped. Thanks!
Exoticcats
zoo guest

Post by Exoticcats »

Just a little annoying to have to make the 10 replies in order to post topics but saves us the annoance of unwanted advertisments I personally am all for that. Thank you for doing this for us :clap: