Zt2 Vs Zt1

Talk about anything (just keep it clean).
zolo64
zoo guest

Zt2 Vs Zt1

Post by zolo64 »

A while ago i got zt2, and i had zt1,no expansions...
It was slow on my computer,not too slow, but slow nonetheless.It only has like 10 animals (did i not unlock them all???) and seemed like a big disapointment.It took up so much space that i deleted :banghead: it and later got Complete collection. Is it just me, or is ZT1, especially CC, better than zt2? r is it a ploy to convey us to spend money on expansions? :sneaky:
cosmichedgehog
zoo docent

Post by cosmichedgehog »

It's a matter of preference, really. I like both, but I prefer zt1. I like all the user made stuff and the way you can really personalize the zoos. but, that being said, I do like alot of the new zt2 stuff like the new animal enrichment stuff, and the sky trams. I just wish there was a way to combine the 2.
<center>
[img]http://cosmichedgehog.com/avatars/banners/lemurbanner1.JPG[/img]
I Adopted Sundance's Horses! Click the banner for more info
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

I have both but much prefer ZT1.
Especially the user downloads,
zolo64
zoo guest

Post by zolo64 »

:) Your right fern.I think graphics dont matter too,so zt1 is my fave. I also like the overhead view farther up as in zt2.You can find some nice zt2 downloads at
Ztcenter..i forgot the url so just look for it under "fan sites"on zootycoon.com.
Also,my computer is loaded with games of up from 1ghz, and those games need 512 Mb RAM, yet all i have is 256MB RAM....But that will change on my birthday!
Plus i'm saving. :D

P.S. those dowloadables include King Kong!
Troyminator
dino recovery team!

Post by Troyminator »

I was lucky enough to have an advance copy of ZT2 to review and I was VERY eager to get my hands on it. Right up until I got my hands on it.
Then, after the "gosh, wow!" of the graphics and the coolness of the biome tools I rapidly lost interest.
I completed the challenges (long winded as some of them were) and just got bored.
My biggest gripe with it was the lack of customisability, the one thing that made the original ZT so much fun.
So I went back to playing CC and building zoos with Frogman's bridges and Sundance's flowers (if you haven't got any of their stuff...why? they rock! :D )
However, recently I added the two expansions to ZT2 and spent a happy weekend building really huge safari parks and finally enjoying the game after all.
I still prefer original ZT, but for all its faults I DO like ZT2 as well.
<span style='color:red'>Beware of the kipper!</span>

[img]http://www.lunamanar.com/signatures/troy/troysig.jpg[/img]
meowmix4194
zoo guest

Post by meowmix4194 »

In my opinion, and in the opinion of everyone of my friends that play ZT's, ZT1 will never be bested.

Many have also said that there should definitly be more expansion on ZT1. I have to agree.

I doubt a petition to Microsoft Game studio and Blue Fang would make a difference, but mabe we should give it a shot? I mean, why not? Not an angry one of course, but just a list of supporting fansites and even people that we know in support of it. It would be worth it to me, but I have little prestige in the ZT world.

-meowmix

:cat:
tycoonluvr
zoo guest

Post by tycoonluvr »

ZT1 all the way! I have both ZT2 and ZT1 (ZTCC), and have played both. After I played ZT2 for a bit, I abandoned it and went back to ZT1. I enjoy the way things are done, the graphics, and all the great UCIs. I'll probably be playing it forever!
... avatar by Brandi ...
Lisa
zoo guest

Post by Lisa »

:fish: zoo tycoon 1 rocks :fish:
i have zt2 and have played it and enjoyed it..but i always go back to my favorite...zt1....i find it 10 times more fun to play and work on....i wish there were more expansions ( more scenerios and items ect) dont get me wrong.. im GREATEFUL for all the user created objects and scenerios...but i am hopelessly addicted....cant get enough....hmmmm do i smell an intervention??.... :rofl:
jwa1107
african elephant keeper

Post by jwa1107 »

ZT1

where any schmoe like me can make stuff and stick it in a zoo!
[img]http://sanctuary.damnserver.com/~prince ... newsig.jpg[/img]
All your base are belong to us.
Nasym the one and Only
zoo guest

Post by Nasym the one and Only »

Im with jwa (long time since i wrote that) I like the fact that even I can make my own stuff, ape is my friend.

But my ZT1 was lost in the latest move so now I have zt2 only... plus I lost my way when I got in to wow along time ago, but now Im a little bit back
johnchino34
zoo guest

Post by johnchino34 »

i personally think that zt1 is better because zt2 is like 3d and harder to navigate. and in zt2 u dont get s much of a variety of animals and other stuff
pukkie
zoo guest

Post by pukkie »

ZooTycoon original all the way for me After all nothing beats the real thing
erialdawn
zoo guest

Post by erialdawn »

Sorry, I'm not allowed to start a new post yet but I have a question.

BTW, I like Zoo Tycoon 1 best as well.

I've just recently purchased ZT2, I know, bout time, but I did a trial version and didn't like it much. Would much rather prefer the first version but can't find it anywhere.

Anyway, I'm trying to download some of the bonus content from this list. I know it tells us where to put it, in several posts, but my problem is, the game didn't install its own "Updates" folder, so I don't know where to put stuff. I tried to create my own, but that didn't work either. Is all of the bonus content for ZT1 only? Or is there someplace I can't download ZT2 stuff?

The site is a bit misleading if you can't get the proper ZT2 stuff.

I'm also running Vista Business on my computer, if that helps.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

Welcome to the Lounge.

If I understand you correctly, you have downloaded things from this site and are trying to get them to work in ZT2. ZT2 is a 3D type of program. So downloads for ZT1 will not work in ZT2. This site has received only 1 download for ZT2. It is a Zookeeper's Lounge blimp:
viewtopic.php?t=1885
All of the other things at this site are for ZT1. ZT2 uses a different folder for downloads than ZT1 does. I do not have ZT2 myself, so I do not know what folder that is. According to the instructions with the blimp, if you don't see a "downloads" folder, you can put it in the ZT2 folder itself.

There are other sites that have downloads for ZT2. I know Zoo Admin did.
http://www.zooadmin.net/index.php?action=forum
Currently, however, their ZT2 downloads are offline. Eventually they will be available again. There are other sites that have only ZT2 downloads. Since they do not have ZT1 downloads, I do not go to them. There is probably information at Zoo Admin about those other sites.

ZT1 is still available. I have seen Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection in some stores, including Walmart.

Good luck and have fun Zoo Tycooning, no matter which version you use. :))
erialdawn
zoo guest

Post by erialdawn »

Thanks for your reply Jay. Silly me assumed that since this site says ZT2 all over, that the downloads would be for ZT2. I had them all for ZT1 and was excited to think that someone spent more time making them compatible with ZT2. Oh well.

I just wonder, why, if none of the downloads work on ZT2, they would advertise them. Its a bit misleading don't you think?

I live in Australia and have looked around for ZT1, but its pretty hard to find. I might just have to order it on line or something. I had the original game, but I can't find the cd, the registration code, or even the box for it.