Zt2 Vs Zt1

Talk about anything (just keep it clean).
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

I do not understand what you mean by this site saying ZT2 all over or advertising the downloads. The only forum here that is specific to ZT2 is "Strategy, Tips, & Tricks for ZT2". All of the other forums at this site have more ZT1 than ZT2 and, in most cases, have no ZT2 topics in them. The downloads are not advertised. They are just there, and have been there for some time, nearly all before ZT2 existed. So the wording "Can be used on any version of Zoo Tycoon" means all ZT1 versions because that wording was created before ZT2 even existed. You will find that type of phrase at a number of other ZT web sites as well. New ZT1 downloads continue to be created here and elsewhere because there are still a lot of people that use ZT1, including me.
fern
african elephant keeper

Post by fern »

I live in New Zealand and ZT1 Complete Collection is still available here. Just ask at your local computer shop - Dick Smiths should have it or get it. Also try KMart I think you have that there.
For ZT2 downloads try looking at the listing at the Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory. Note: ZA links are not working at the moment there.
Both Zoo Tycoon Unleashed and ZooTek Phoenix have some ZT2 downloads and there are a couple of very good sites that have downloads only for ZT2.
erialdawn
zoo guest

Post by erialdawn »

When I first come onto this site this is what I see
index.php
on the far left side are all the icons for ZT2. Because of this is why I thought it was mostly for ZT2, this is what I thought was misleading. I'm not complaining, really, but I was just lead to believe that these icons meant what they represented.

I have just ordered ZT1 the Complete Collection and I should have it by tomorrow. I will be back here to d/l all the buildings and stuff that I had before I lost the game and the disks. I'm just really glad I can still get everything. I did try Dick Smith, Game and EB Games, but they are really going toward console games more and have a very small selection of PC games. Sad. But its all ok now, this time tomorrow I'll be happily building another really cool zoo!
erialdawn
zoo guest

Post by erialdawn »

One other thing maybe you can help with.. I can't find the fountains I had before, one in particular was a one tile and shot straight up. I loved to use those and can't remember where I found it. The other one was a chaser type fountain. Another thing I had that I liked was a tower restaurant. And where can I find the boat dock, swim with the dolphins and the swim shack? It seems like a few of the really good sites I went to a while back no longer exist... what a bummer.
Jay
african elephant keeper

Post by Jay »

I can see how those icons can be misleading. This forum software does not allow us to specify different icons for different sections. So the forum software cannot have one type of icons for ZT1 sections and another for ZT2 sections. Normally forums will have pictures for those icons. Before ZT2 came out, the "picture" for this site was "ZKL". But then when ZT2 came out, in order to celebrate, the "picture" was changed to that. I do not remember who created them.

As for the downloads you mention, the swim with dolphins and the swim shack come with CC (Complete Collection). CC also comes with dock parts, but you usually need a user download called "MM developer items" in order to use them yourself. That is available at various sites, although each site does them differently. I believe there are user made docks as well. For a "chaser type fountain", you might be thinking of a jumping fountain. That also comes with CC, although there is a user made one as well. Many different types of fountains have been made by users, some old, some more recently. The tower cafe was available at ZA (Zoo Admin).

Although some sites are gone, many have just moved, such as ZA, Tek Phoenix, and Unleashed. Others, such as Zoo Tycoon Unlimited (ZTU), Zookapi, and Zoo Kingdom, have given their downloads to other sites. ZA is still working on making their downloads available again. So the tower cafe from there is one that is still not available again. Since you are looking for a specific fountain, the best place to start is ZTCDD (Zoo Tycoon Community Download Directory):
http://www.zooadmin.org/DD/
Click FORUM, then click Water Features, which is beneath Decorative Scenery, and go through the list of fountains to see if you can find the one you remember. That directory will then tell you what site it is at, assuming it is not one that comes with CC. ZTCDD is another site that had moved. So they are also working on getting the directory listings back to the way they were. But there are 3 pages of fountains and other water features already listed there.

Good luck in finding what you were looking for and happy Zoo Tycooning. :))
AK Zoo
zoo guest

Post by AK Zoo »

I am glad to see so many ZT fans. I will be asking for an animals.ztd file. My Cd is scratched.

thanks
musicfool95
zoo guest

Post by musicfool95 »

:clap: (2)

The complete collection was my favy
JVM
zoo guest

Re: Zt2 Vs Zt1

Post by JVM »

I still continue to play both games.

I find zt1's challenges and nuances more interesting. Creating habitats and decorating zoos is more satisfying. The fact many usermade objects are recolors or pieced together from ingame graphics means that usermade items still follow the game's overall artistic style. There are still aspects of the game I am learning and exploring anew twenty years later while also retaining a comfortable familiarity with it.

I still enjoy zt2 a lot as well and often choose it when I want to pick up and play or if I may want to use zookeeper mode to view an animal after building. I like that the freeform mode has total unlimited funds and it can be easier to create mixed exhibits thanks to the biome brush's simplicity. Some of the unique animals like the red panda are big favorites of mine as well.

It depends which mood I am more in at a time.
Cricket
zoo guest

Re: Zt2 Vs Zt1

Post by Cricket »

ZT1 is still my favorite! I have several versions of ZT2 and played it for awhile when it first came out. I was so used to ZT1 that I went back to it. I eventually learned to design for the game. I can design almost anything except for animals. I'll leave those to the experts. B)